Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Holley black pump, and the car is currently using the stock 5/16 fuel lines. I am putting a fuel cell in this week, and running braided hose. What size should I use? I was thinking -6 would be sufficient, but some say -8. Car has a 306 with 750 Holley dp. I will be running nitrous, but on a separate fuel cell and pump with good gas in it.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I would use the Aeromotive street rod pump (11203) with a 12304 filter before the pump, -8 lines and a 13205 regulator. -6 return should be fine. I would use the black pump for the nitrous.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps I should have mentioned money is an object? I'm going to use my black pump, and buy another blue pump for the spray. My main question was concerning -6 or -8 line. Thanks

·
Registered
982 Posts
-8 lines because thats what most fuel cells come with. If you are going to have a return line that should be -6 because mosts fuel cells come with -6 vent and return fittings.

·
Registered
75 Posts
-8 is good that is what i have with a holley blue feeding my 331 strtoker to a reg at 9 1/2 pounds and another line off the reg to my nitrous and i am running a 150 shot fuel pressure never drops past 7 1/2

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I would definately use 8 for the motor, you could use 6 for the nitrous with the blue pump without a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts