Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called H&R and they said that they only carry GT/vert springs and the application may be different. When I called Maximum Motorsports they said they carry the HR supersports for 96 cobra vert, but they are in back order till april. I need to find out if anyone has the part number, or used HR springs on their 96-98 Cobra convertible. If i dont find out soon i might just have to get the eibachs, but i want the HR's more. PLEASE if anyone can clarify that HR makes springs for cobra vert 96, supersport edition springs, would be much appreciated thanx.:confused:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a set of H&R springs off my 98 Cobra coupe, if you think they might work I'll get you the exact part #... Hold out for the H&R's you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Cobrar96 said:
... When I called Maximum Motorsports they said they carry the HR supersports for 96 cobra vert, but they are in back order till april. I need to find out if anyone has the part number, or used HR springs on their 96-98 Cobra convertible. ... PLEASE if anyone can clarify that HR makes springs for cobra vert 96, supersport edition springs, would be much appreciated thanx.:confused:
MM's website has a part number of 51652.77. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/HRsprings.asp For 94-98, it doesn't specify Cobra or GT convertible.

If you go to H&R's website, http://www.hrsprings.com/site/frameapplications.html , it has the 51652.77 part number for a 1996 Mustang and a 51658.77 part number for a 1996 Mustang convertible.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
It really doesn't matter IMHO, your car will be fine with either the 51652.77 or the 51651.77... They all have the same spring rates... I used to run the 51651.77 which are for listed 94-95 Cobras and originally made for 87-93 convertibles... Since the DOHC is a bit heavier, my car had a little bit more of a drop in front then say a 94-95 Cobra would have with the same SS springs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts