Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 88 finished (FINALLY!) and today its going to the alignment place.. right now I have too much toe out.. I adjusted the tie rods out to meet the 94 spindles.

From reading here, it looks like I want
caster: as much as I can get
camber -1.0
toe 1/16 toe in

Does that sound right for a street driven car? I dont autocross currently but I do drag race occasionally.

I have CCM caster camber plates (the older style) one day I will get new MM ones but for now they will do.

Im leaving in about an hour to get the car done, any help is greatly appreciated.

btw, here is a pic of the finished product!

Under about an inch of dirt and dust is the car.. lol!

maybe I'll wash it up purty today if all goes well

Thanks,
Adam

· Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

alignment is all done.. car is good to go.. except the pedal is rock hard.

I think perhaps I should change to the 95 booster?

I dont think I could lock up the brakes if I stood on my head... stopping sucks right now... oofah...

I have a 95GT brake booseter I bought with the master cyl.. but I didnt use it... I figured the 88 booster would work ok.

guess not..

is it hit or miss? Ive seen some people have to change and some dont.
I have a AFM B3 cam in the car, about 12-14 in N and 10-12 in gear...

Adam

· Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Terrance, how have ya been?

I'm using a 1995 Mustang GT Master cyl, it looks almost exactly like the 88 unit, but its 2 port and has a larger bore diameter:

I am using Matt90GT2 3-2 port conversion kit that I modified to fit my car a little better. (production variances I guess)

I have the booster that came with the master, and it seems a bit larger than the 88 one.. and like you said.. its a major PITFA to do!!

But I guess I'll do it... ugh!

Adam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.