Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 88 finished (FINALLY!) and today its going to the alignment place.. right now I have too much toe out.. I adjusted the tie rods out to meet the 94 spindles.

From reading here, it looks like I want
caster: as much as I can get
camber -1.0
toe 1/16 toe in

Does that sound right for a street driven car? I dont autocross currently but I do drag race occasionally.

I have CCM caster camber plates (the older style) one day I will get new MM ones but for now they will do.

Im leaving in about an hour to get the car done, any help is greatly appreciated.

btw, here is a pic of the finished product!

Under about an inch of dirt and dust is the car.. lol!

maybe I'll wash it up purty today if all goes well

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

alignment is all done.. car is good to go.. except the pedal is rock hard.

I think perhaps I should change to the 95 booster?

I dont think I could lock up the brakes if I stood on my head... stopping sucks right now... oofah...

I have a 95GT brake booseter I bought with the master cyl.. but I didnt use it... I figured the 88 booster would work ok.

guess not..

is it hit or miss? Ive seen some people have to change and some dont.
I have a AFM B3 cam in the car, about 12-14 in N and 10-12 in gear...

Adam

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well, on my Baer conversion, I can't seem to lock them up, either (but it brings me right up to the edge on dry roads, as in it will leave tread marks, but the wheels don't lock). Of course, I only drove the car a couple hundred miles with the brakes before the engine took a crap on me, so I haven't really stood on them as hard as I can, but I'd think it should be easier than the effort I've applied so far. I have a stock 91 booster, btw. Certainly changing the booster will help, but as you know, it's a PITA to do.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Terrance, how have ya been?

I'm using a 1995 Mustang GT Master cyl, it looks almost exactly like the 88 unit, but its 2 port and has a larger bore diameter:

I am using Matt90GT2 3-2 port conversion kit that I modified to fit my car a little better. (production variances I guess)

I have the booster that came with the master, and it seems a bit larger than the 88 one.. and like you said.. its a major PITFA to do!!

But I guess I'll do it... ugh!

Adam

·
Registered
276 Posts
The reason I asked about the M/C is that the Baer kit has a M/C for use with the stock 87-93 booster. I don't think their kits come with a booster. I know that means shelling out some cash, but at least it's not a PITA to replace (and you don't have to mangle your strut towers with a BFH)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
TM88GT said:
The reason I asked about the M/C is that the Baer kit has a M/C for use with the stock 87-93 booster. I don't think their kits come with a booster. I know that means shelling out some cash, but at least it's not a PITA to replace (and you don't have to mangle your strut towers with a BFH)
Yes, I'm running the Baer kit you're referring to, so your experiences will likely be similar to what I posted above.

·
Registered
6,307 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sn95 spindle swap

I had problems getting a shop to line my car up after I did the swap.......I finally got SEARS to align it up ......

I am now installing H R Lowering Springs.....Bullitt Struts, MM Casterplates.......going back to SEARS to get the car lined up...

did those aliginment Specs work out for you ......or did you do something else when you got to the shop....

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.