Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a rook to mustangs, just suspension. 90 notch 5.0 5 speed etc...BONE STOCK suspension. If i had 1000$ what would i do (not tires actual suspension work) it is a street car but how comfortable the ride is doesnt matter. I want it to perform if what i need is over a 1000$ fine im not lookin to make a race car, just someplace to start that will make a siginificant difference thanks for all who can help

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I had $1k to begin on a '90 LX, the first items would be aftermarket springs and shocks, Koni or Bilstein, and a set of specific rate springs that don't lower the car too much.

Next would be aftermarket rear lower control arms to get the rear end tracking straight. After 14 years those bushings must be tired.

Peter J.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Agreed, springs, shocks and sway bars. Those would make a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
59 Posts
pj951 said:
Next would be aftermarket rear lower control arms to get the rear end tracking straight. After 14 years those bushings must be tired.
Why control arms before a PHB? When I was asking around about this stuff the guys at MM said to do the PHB first because I'd see the biggest gains. And they spoke the truth! :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sombras, if you could have felt the rear axle steering the car like I could in my '99 GT, you'd have changed the rear lower control arms first. Just a matter of priorities.

Peter J.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whic springs and which shocks? Stiffness doesnt matter to a certain extent. 800lb springs is not what im lookin for. Something thats 100% track worthy, but livable on the ocasional street drive

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sombras said:
Why control arms before a PHB? When I was asking around about this stuff the guys at MM said to do the PHB first because I'd see the biggest gains. And they spoke the truth! :)
The correct answer is to do it all. The factory setup is junk. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I recomend Bilstein shock. They ride very nice and will track what you give them. Coil-overs in the front are very nice as well. They ride awsome and they handle a littler better than OE style. Subframe conetors are a must and they only coast about $100 bucks. As far as rear axel steering, you need a pan hard bar for that. Your best bet is to call or look on line at Maximum motorsports. They have exelent sales people you can tell you what will help for your style of driving and the amount of money you want to spend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts