Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m having trouble in hooking up the wire harness from the car to the 01 power set two different wire connectors. Anyone ever do this and can anyone take a pic of the connector coming from the car to the seat and the color wires. Thanks

·
Registered
693 Posts
Craig....I'm sorry i didn't know it was different:eek: Give me about an hour and a half and I'll get some pics together for ya ok? BTW, thank you so much for the map! My first trip to houston resulted in minmal time of being lost! I'lll holla back in a lil bit!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I did this on mine. although I don't recall exact colors I do remember that I had to hardwire it. The connectors will not work. It's not hard at all to wire it up. You also will not use the seat belts that are attached to the seat.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bluoval can you check on what wires connect to what and where? Any help you can provide would be great. Not sure what wires I need to connect to on the the seat. Charles it was nice meeting you and your friend. I got the car back on the rod I'm using stock A arms til the D&D stuff gets here this week. I'll definitely will have to tke a road trip up to visit your neck of woods as soon as I get this car right.
Craig

·
Registered
560 Posts
ok. I went to check but I taped it all up so its kinda hard to see. But I think I can remember alittle. If I remember correctly the plug from the car is only two wires(+,-). You need to find the hot wire with a tester. I think the one from the seat has three wires? If so two of those are power wires. It uses two for the two motors. (If memory serves me). The other is for the ground. If this does not help you let me know I will unwrap it and check for you tomorrow. The fuse will pop if you wire it wrong so check it if doesn't work correctly. I think your pass. used to be power but the 01 seats that I got did not have power on the pass. side. so if your car is like mine you will not need to wire the pass. side. OH yeah one of the plugs on the driver side is for the SEAT BELT (It tells the computer that the seat belt is disconnected) You can just disconnect that one. Because you will still use your old belts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts