Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent discovery that a PI intake on NPI heads yields substantial benefit, this seems like a no brainer.

Make us an intake with the right ports to match our NPI heards. Hell, just copy the PI intake and graft a different flange on it.

If I had the money I would do it!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't forget the t-bird and crown vic crowd.

and why do it? though it seems to work, i know i would be more comfortable with one that fit exactly right and was not a patch work of gasket and permatex. call me a perfectionist.

that said, i will go ahead and do it, but if say they could come out with one for $250-300 with custom gasket and coolant tube, i'd jump on that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Livernois wants 500 for the adapter plates.......at that point it isnt even worth it anymore.....

·
Registered
864 Posts
wld_wst said:
not really worth it for a manufacter, because PI was made for 5 yrs and NPI only 2

96-98 is 3 years. Plus the 4.6 was around since 91 (I think).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Our 2 valve SOHC cars are now officially orphans. We'll never see an afternarket head now that Ford has gone to 3 valves and variable valve timing.

·
Registered
1997 Mustang GT
451 Posts
Robert98GT said:
Our 2 valve SOHC cars are now officially orphans. We'll never see an afternarket head now that Ford has gone to 3 valves and variable valve timing.

So I guess the 5.0 crowd are orphans also?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts