Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't actually shifted with a Steeda Tri-Ax, but I'm awfully tempted to order one from the constant raves here in the corral. I'm curious about the height adjustment, though - being well over 6 ft tall, I like the height of the knob on my stock GT shifter (stock except for a Fat Knob, that is). Does anyone use the upper setting of the Tri-Ax? Does that approximate the height setting of factory handle? Thanks -

Frank

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I use the lower setting, so I can't really say much about the "high" height setting, but I'm sure you'll be able to live with it. You're not much taller than I am, so I think you'll be OK if you set it to the "high" position....love the Tri Ax here. Definately get it :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, the height of the Tri-ax in the high position is pretty close to the stock height, and there is less throw. It is really easy to adjust the shifter between the two height positions to find your preference, just 2 bolts. I strongly recommend the Tri-Ax, I love the nice notchy and firm shift that it gives you. I can't believe I kept the stock POS on for so long.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a tri-ax in my 97 Cobra and I installed the one on my 00GT before it hit 200 miles. This is a must mod. Since you are as tall as you say you are, you might put it in the lower position anyway. If you put it in the upper position, it actually puts if farther from your hand in 1,3 and 5. In the low position, it is directly level with the volume control on your radio. Just a reference that I use since my hand stays on both while driving.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agreed. You get a much firmer shift and you ALWAYS know what gear you're hitting. Definately worth the cash. As for adjustment, I'm 6ft and I use the lower because, as mentioned above, it's puts you right on the radio controls :) well, and it shortens the throw a little...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.