Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm kinda new here. Was wondering if anybody has used Hedman headers on a foxbody? Curious how the fitment is? The coating or finish/welds etc aren't really a concern just want them to fit well. I'm trying to save some money and made the mistake of buying some summit brand which don't fit at all.
1985 FORD MUSTANG Hedman Street Headers 88390 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing
Looking at these 88390. Any other money brands recommended? Flowtech any good? Car is an 85 gt 306 5 spd.
Any help is great thanks guys.

·
Registered
847 Posts
What did not work with the "Summit Racing" brand? In general, long tube headers in a foxbody 99% of the time have minor to major fitment issues. I have not used Hedman in a foxbody, but have used them in many chev c10's and done several different brands of long tubes in a foxbody. Cheaper hedman's were thin with short life on a daily driver, but the expensive ones were heavier and coated with no issues long term. As for foxbody's clearances with any brand can be an issue.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
I had hedmans and they were perfectly fine. I have them for sale cheap. They were ceramic coated, but most of that is gone. They had no clearance issues at all.

I also have some Hookers for sale, but they are high dollar ceramic coated. They fit excellent.

What didn't fit for me were Kooks.

I went turbo. Now I don't have long tubes. :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I had hedmans and they were perfectly fine. I have them for sale cheap. They were ceramic coated, but most of that is gone. They had no clearance issues at all.

I also have some Hookers for sale, but they are high dollar ceramic coated. They fit excellent.

What didn't fit for me were Kooks.

I went turbo. Now I don't have long tubes. :)
Tom can you link me to the hookers for sale? That didn't sound right. The headers for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts