Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was driving around first time I got in it and hose blew off...I get some clamps and clamped the hell out of it. Well tonight i got on it again and hose ripped in half. Radiator fluid everywhere steaming it was a mess. What is the problem anyone know? What can I do to fix this, do they make a more heavy duty hose?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
What hose ?Year of car?
Ive had no problems with the stock stuff in 4 years after many mods.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey car is 2001 Mustang GT Automatic.

It has Vortech Supercharger, Anderson Power pipe, Lightning 90MAF, 75MM TB, 42 Injectors. I changed thermostat to a 180 degree.

Could it be bad headgasket or intake? Or could be something wrong with thermostat?

Do they make a more heavy duty hose kit?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Which hose the upper?Never had a problem with mine.

You may have compression seeping over in to the coolant chambers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is one way that I know of to check if you're getting compression into your coolant system. Get a radiator pressure tester with a dial type gauge on it. It should go to about 30 psi maximum. Remove radiator cap, put the pressure tester in place, start the vehicle and watch the pressure gauge on the tester. If it exceeds 20 psi (after the thermostat has opened) you are likely loosing compression into the coolant system. Then the real work will begin. Hope this helps some. Oh, please be careful working with this - hate to hear of you getting burnt with hot coolant. Good Luck, Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts