Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put one of these flow restrictors on my car. I did a search and came up with two possible part numbers.
E7VY-18358-A and E7VH-18D406-AA
I called my local Ford dealer and they couldn't find anything under these numbers. Now, I could call PPI and spend $20 but I was hoping someone has ordered one of these restrictors recently and would post the pn.

Just trying to save my pennies.

Thanks,
Glenn:p

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Glenn - what happened to yours?? I have seen people take that hose off their car and cut it open to get the restrictor out and pop it in a new hose <b> or <b> you could just stuff a 10mm socket in the hose (this will give you the same result or just go to the junk yard and grab one off a late 80s Lincoln....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LXPony,
I actually have a '67 Mustang. It has a new heater core and I am about to put on new hoses. I have heard of heater cores going on the older stangs also, so I thought I would try a restrictor. This is why I would like to get just the restrictor, and not a hose set. There are too many junkyards around here that will let you roam around and 'find' the part you need :rolleyes:.

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
in that case I would just use a small socket then - it does the exact same thing as a restrictor. Or you can order the heater hose line from Texas Mustang and pull the restrictor off that.

Good luck!
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tbear

I just went through this thing. The local Ford dealer indicated the the part #E7VH-18D406-AA was obsolete and no longer being manufactered when I checked. However, he did give me a number 1-800-640-3321 (Dealer Auto Parts) where I was able to obtain one for $8.00 plus s/h. They know the part # as E5DZ18D358A at the time they only had like 6 of them in stock. Worth a check I guess.

Good Luck
Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts