Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a diagram, or even a picture, showing how the two heater core hoses connect to the coolant pipe that runs on top of the lower intake, to the two heater core inlets on the firewall. I'm not too sure which one goes where? Anyone know which one goes where? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I am sending a pic which may help, via pm

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Okay, I looked at the pic I have and the left heater hose goes to the top of the coolant pipe on the intake. The right hose goes tothe bottom pipe.

Right and left is referenced from sitting inside the car.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
haha this thread saved me from having to post a thread about the same ?

·
Registered
916 Posts
any chance of geting that pic posted so more people can benefit from it? (like me)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TENGRAM said:
just make sure the one hose has the restrictor (i think thats what its called) in it or it could cause a heater core leak
What is a restrictor and where do you get one from? Which hose does this restrictor go in?

I bought the Good Year Hi Miller hose kit. I'm not too sure if it comes with a restrictor or not.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Windchime88 said:
any chance of geting that pic posted so more people can benefit from it? (like me)
I couldn't get the photo to upload. PM me with your e-mail address and I can send it to you. I will have ask the moderator for help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I picked this up somewhere and can't remember where, so I'll say thanks to the original poster who posted it.

Sitting in the car:
Right heater hose to Top of heater tube= outlet.
Left heater hose to Bottom of heater tube= inlet.
The restrictor fits in the left heater hose or inlet hose.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you can get your old one out and put it in the new hose that would probably be the easiest. I've never seen one, haven't changed it yet, but I've heard that it is just another smaller piece of hose that fits inside the heater hose tight, don't know what the inside diameter of it is though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Bradweiser said:
I would use the one from my old hoses except I have no idea where the old hoses are. I guess that's the problem with trying to build a car inside a garage that you are also building. :rolleyes:
Your definitely a glutton for punishment if trying to build a car in a garage that your build on.;)
You can always use a 13MM socket in place of the OE restrictor if that helps you any?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked this up somewhere and can't remember where, so I'll say thanks to the original poster who posted it.

Sitting in the car:
Right heater hose to Top of heater tube= outlet.
Left heater hose to Bottom of heater tube= inlet.
The restrictor fits in the left heater hose or inlet hose.

So which one do you hook your radiator flush kit too

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts