Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i did the foglight fix on my car about 2 years ago. this runs a new power line from the battery to a relay and to the fogs. then it runs the other side to the parking lights and foglight switch, so they are on their own circuit and i trigger the foglight switch with the parking lights (so the fogs can't be on with out the parking lights on)

this is the way the guide does it on corral and it has worked fine.

i run my alarm power thru the fuse panel that runs the radio. this has also run fine for 2 years. (every so often it falls out cuz i kick it getting out of the car and i have to put it back in)

well this time it broke part of the fuse holder, so i couldn't tie into that one anymore....no big deal, i'll just find another 12V constant source for the alarm.

i tied it into the parking lamp fuse, cuz its always on too.

the alarm worked fine, but when i tested the headlights i was dumbfounded.

1. headlights on with no foglights works fine
2. turn on fog lights and the passenger side is great, and drivers side goes down to very dim (headlight, marker light, turn signal, and fog)
3. if i flash brights from a headlight off state, the brights on both sides work fine.
4. if i run just parking lights and foglights, it works fine
5. if i flash the brights from a parking light/no fog state, it works fine
6. if i flash the brights from a parking light/fog light state, it dims the drivers side way down (fog/headlight/parking)

i've checked all the fuses in the panel and they're fine. i checked my 30A fuse that runs the foglight power, its fine.

i switched bulbs and over the passenger side they both work fine.
(both dim in the drivers side)

ideas? :confused: :confused: i have to drive tonight and need this stuff working....thnx guys

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I think there is a ground connection for the headlights on each side. Look for one and make sure it's tight.

Frank

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nevermind, i fixed it

i tied my horn to my alarm on a ground on the front of the car, and since i was reconnecting the alarm (the horn goes off when you connect it for the first time) i had the horn unhooked so it wouldn't go off, and that ground was the ground for the headlights on the drivers side, so it on there, but not tight and therefore couldn't hold the current

i vote me idiot of the day :D

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnx....i figured it out talking to my dad right after i posted it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts