Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I need some help with my headlights, I bought a set of 55w HID's from DDM Tuning, I installed them without a hitch, or so I thought, after I installed them, they worked, but they are stuck as brights, before hand with my original lights the brights worked fine, so I know I wired something wrong but I don't know where to start, any pointers?

Now the stereo... I've had this issue since I bought the car, possibly the previous owners had the issues too, I think my problem MIGHT be the receiver, but I'm not sure, my issue is, whenever I turn ignition into the first position the stereo turns on an works fine, thats to be expected, but when I truly turn the car on, it shuts off sometimes, other times it stays on only to intermittently turn on and off while driving, sometimes I wont have an issue with it for weeks! But then just like that it's back. So I don't know if something is wrong in the wiring harness, or the stereo, or what, It shouldnt be an issue with the power going to the stereo because I wired it DIRECTLY to the battery, so it has power both switched and not switched, any pointers here either? I have an alpine receiver from 2003, its a CDA-9811 I believe, I can check that for sure later.

ANY help would be appreciated!!
Thank you!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update... Fixed HID issue now it's just the stereo, HID's werent working because the ground wire and bright wire were switched so power was backfeeding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts