Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of stainless shorty headers (undecided on equal vs unequal length) that fit 11R TFS heads?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! Looking at summit and a lot of these headers seem to be head specific, unless I’m missing something.

Debating on shorty or mid lengths. I didn’t know they offered them until now. Always thought it was either short or long tubes and that’s it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks man! Looking at summit and a lot of these headers seem to be head specific, unless I’m missing something.

Debating on shorty or mid lengths. I didn’t know they offered them until now. Always thought it was either short or long tubes and that’s it!

I have a set of BBK equal lengths on my 11r's. The 11r's are not highports so the bolt pattern is not a spread or split pattern, and the exhaust port isn't raised. So that means almost any foxbody 8.2 deck header will work for this application.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a set of BBK equal lengths on my 11r's. The 11r's are not highports so the bolt pattern is not a spread or split pattern, and the exhaust port isn't raised. So that means almost any foxbody 8.2 deck header will work for this application.
I have the exact same camshaft as your car in my 331. I'm wanting to swap to 11r 205 heads, and it's nice to know that my MAC shorty headers will bolt right on.

This is off topic, but do you know how much power you ended up making?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Honestly, go with long tubes or shorties. Equal length shorty headers are way too much PITA to install and change plugs.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Honestly, go with long tubes or shorties. Equal length shorty headers are way too much PITA to install and change plugs.
Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person who didn’t have issues changing plugs on my equal lengths haha. They were a set of bbk, and last time I did a set before pulling the motor it was a 10 minute ordeal.

I’d get whichever one you can find on sale.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m just gonna go with a quality stainless shorty that’s ceramic coated.

Anyone have experience with jba?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the exact same camshaft as your car in my 331. I'm wanting to swap to 11r 205 heads, and it's nice to know that my MAC shorty headers will bolt right on.

This is off topic, but do you know how much power you ended up making?
I haven't got it on a dyno just yet. I fear my fuel lines might be robbing me power and I still using an untuned A9P with Maf trickery. So this winter I am planning on the new Terminator X max and a Fuel system upgrade. Then i will hit the dyno this spring.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person who didn’t have issues changing plugs on my equal lengths haha. They were a set of bbk, and last time I did a set before pulling the motor it was a 10 minute ordeal.

I’d get whichever one you can find on sale.
Mine really aren't that bad to change plugs. I can get it done slacking in 30 mins.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I haven't got it on a dyno just yet. I fear my fuel lines might be robbing me power and I still using an untuned A9P with Maf trickery. So this winter I am planning on the new Terminator X max and a Fuel system upgrade. Then i will hit the dyno this spring.
Fuel lines definitely won’t choke you, unless you’re running north of 500whp.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think that’s what I’m gonna go with- stainless and ceramic coated ones. I def don’t wanna be buying them again

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another bump- wondering if anyone has had figment issues with shorties? I know long tubes are a nightmare.

Are all shorties going to be trouble free ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Another bump- wondering if anyone has had figment issues with shorties? I know long tubes are a nightmare.

Are all shorties going to be trouble free ?

The equal length headers I use I had to loosen the engine mount bolt on passenger side and jack up the motor. It then dropped right in place. Those headers wouldn't fit the factory h pipe, but i had an off road h pipe i had planned on installing anyway, I just wanted to see if they would fit the factory pipe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts