Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but I can't find headers for this car anywhere. Are there any made right now or is my search hopeless?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sparky01GT - how did you modify your x-pipe so that your LT's would fit? LT's are next on my list (along with a few additional items) and I'd like to know how much cutting I'm going to have done on the x-pipe. A picture would worth a thousand words.

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dig-It said:
Sparky01GT - how did you modify your x-pipe so that your LT's would fit? LT's are next on my list (along with a few additional items) and I'd like to know how much cutting I'm going to have done on the x-pipe. A picture would worth a thousand words.

Thanks
I had to have quite a bit removed from the X-pipe. including the cats unfortunately. the exhasut guy said he could put the cats in right after the headers but that they would be taking a lot of heat and probably not work that well. If I were you, or if I could go back in time a month, I would sell the magnaflow x, and buy either the offroad version or see if there are any of the shorty xpipes that have cats. maybe your muffler guy will have better luck, but honestly there wasn't much to work with. If I could take a picture I would. sorry, but I hope I helped a bit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
ColeGT said:
Do headers effect your warranty?
Of course. I had enough problems w/ just an off-road X-pipe. Good luck sneeking headers past Ford.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sparky01GT said:

I had to have quite a bit removed from the X-pipe. including the cats unfortunately. the exhasut guy said he could put the cats in right after the headers but that they would be taking a lot of heat and probably not work that well. If I were you, or if I could go back in time a month, I would sell the magnaflow x, and buy either the offroad version or see if there are any of the shorty xpipes that have cats. maybe your muffler guy will have better luck, but honestly there wasn't much to work with. If I could take a picture I would. sorry, but I hope I helped a bit.
Thanks for the reply.

It looks like there might be a little room to cut into before the mufflers (in front of the axles) in the cat-back system. I was wondering if the 'x' and the cats could just be shifted back a bit to make room for the LT's (as well as an inch or two between the cats and the 'x'). I'm not sure I understand how the LT's will provide enough hot exhaust to make the cats ineffective. I know the exhaust will be hotter, but that much?

NC_35thPony - that's why I'm going with Hookers as well (that and I've used them before in a couple of other cars and loved them!).

·
Registered
313 Posts
I installed BBK LT my self and you will feel the power difference

·
Registered
24 Posts
BBK make a catted shorty X-Pipe.

Rufio,
Lont Tubes are awesome for performance gains, but if you have to worry about emissions, you should really think twice or have a hook up. The best shorty available seems to be the JBA, but unless you do the install yourself the gains wont justify the cost.

N/A 3 - 7 rwhp??????
Blown ~10 rwhp

I was sold on L/T's until I got pulled over the other day and the cops looked over my car...glad I am CA legal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts