Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do headers such as JBA shorties make much power over the stock exhaust manifolds. I have an 01 GT and already have a magnaflow catted X-pipe and cat-back. My other question is, I saw the bassani mid-length headers and will they bolt up to my x-pipe or is some fabricating necessary. I don't want longtubes because I want to keep my car emissions legal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wrote Mr. Tim Barth a.k.a. COBRAKILLER who owns ModularFordPowerhouse.com about LT headers and this is what I asked.

I am planning on getting the BBK LT's with the catted H-pipe.
> Will I have any problems passing emissions? I have thought about trading
> out the pipe every year for the test but I kind of want to install it and
> forget it. Will I have to get MIL's or since the H will be catted, will I
> not have to worry about that? I know that I will have to get O2 extensions
> and I finally found some...

This is the response that I got back from him.

"You can pass emissions with the catted Hpipe.No MIL's will be needed with the
catted pipe.
Let me know if I can help you with the header purchase."

As long as you have the Catted mid pipe, you should pass emissions. They are more expensive but I think they are worth the money. If you do decide to go with the LT's, look at ceramic coated ones, they run about 25% cooler than Chrome ones.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Don't waste your money on Shorties JBA or otherwise! Especially if you are NA. Very little gain over the stock! Go LT's!! It's the best way to gain some HP for your car.
Shorties will give you some gain over Stock if you have a Supercharger. The only shorties then I would go with are the JBA's But for that kind of money you may as well do the LT's which are GREAT for NA or SC..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts