Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if i go with longtubes, will i be able to still drive my stang as a daily driver and not worry about ground clearance? or will i have to settle for the shorties? thanks for your time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Answer a few questions first:

A: what kind of mods do you have/plan on doing?

B: Are you doing all the work on your car yourself?

C: Which is more important?
1: A couple of horsepower
2: Headers that are easy to work with.

D: In the real world when your starter dies at the most inconvenient time would you rather:
1: Change it out with ease and minimal hand tools?
2: Change it out with an engine hoist to lift the motor and needing to pull the passenger side header right out to get the starter out.

Just in case you have not clued in with the questions that I am asking, I think unless your motor needs long tubes, I dont recommend them.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree with Ed. If you don't have alot of motor work done, stay with the shorties. Headers aren't that expensive, you could always settle for a used set for now and ditch them down the road if performance mods are anticipated. Long Tubes will scrape with a lowered car.

·
Registered
551 Posts
88GT_SprCHARGED, long tubes all the way. Your engine will make more torque throughout the entire RPM range.

As far as scraping, you'll want to consider a couple of things. Don't lower your car and don't get primary tubes longer than say 30 inches.

Also, when choosing long tubes, try to go as equal in length as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts