Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my JBA headers today and i was wanting and opinion on which gaskets to use. In my frpp head changing kit it cam with new metal gaskets and JBA came with its on gaskets also ( paper i guess) which sould i use on my engine?? If it makes any difference it will be supercharged but nitrous right now.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Use the FORD gaskets. I wasn't impressed with the gaskets JBA provided either. Ford gaskets seem quite superior than most others.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
koo, thanx alot by the way Madi98gt how do they sound, like did they change the tone any??

·
Registered
612 Posts
I sure wish I could tell ya if they changed the sound or not, but I am still staring at them in the box. I am in the middle of my head swap project and the headers are going in with the new PI heads. Only time will tell!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) Same here i got another 4.6 here that i built on the engine stand and i wont know what they sound like till its in, but it will be hard to tell anyway cuz its gonna beat the ground with my SHM cams!!!!!!!! (IF i can ever get them :p )

·
Registered
432 Posts
I used the JBA gaskets for a year without any problems. I then had the motor replaced under warranty and went with the ford gaskets and now I have a leak.....I think maybe a header bolt backed out......would this ruin my gasket(even though it' s metal) if I drive with a header leak?

·
Registered
121 Posts
DHM-Saleen281 said:
:) Same here i got another 4.6 here that i built on the engine stand and i wont know what they sound like till its in, but it will be hard to tell anyway cuz its gonna beat the ground with my SHM cams!!!!!!!! (IF i can ever get them :p )
:mad:
Deedog, I'll hand deliver them next week. Better watch it or I'll put Will and you at the back of the line! LOL

Scott
SHM
:evil:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Get Stage 8 locking bolts.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now Scott no need for all that LOL, u still my go to man! But u said they were worth the wait so i am. SHM rules!!!!!!:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts