Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find complete instructions on how to do a head swap? What parts are needed, torque specs, use of thread sealer, etc? I'm thinking of putting on AFR 165's next winter and would like to start slowly getting everything together.
Thanks,
John.

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
291 Posts
What you will need:

Head gaskets, lower itnake to block gaskets, upper to lower, RTV for water jackets, ARP or similar head bolts, torque wrench, torque sequence and specs (will come with heads) Usually 80lbs/ft for upper and 70 for lower head bolts. Thats all i can think of.

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. That article was really good. God, do I really want to do that????

·
Registered
639 Posts
Blown95GT said:
Thanks for the help. That article was really good. God, do I really want to do that????
I know what you mean. I will be installing my GT40 heads and Cobra intake tomorrow and am really not looking forward to doing it. But I figure it will be well worth it when I am all done and driving it around. :)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Blown95GT said:
If you do not know what you are doing or you do not have the right tools you can do serious damage to your motor. If you are looking to have this done here in Delaware, my friend and I can do this type of work for you at very reasonable rates over a weekends time. He is an ASE certified mechanic and about 3 classes away from becoming a master mechanic. We have done this type of work on several cars including building the entire motor on my mid 10 second car which you can see here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts