Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've had my mustang for a few years, I'm tired of having it sit there so I need your advice. The car has an on3 turbo, looks like everything is set up correct but I noticed it has stock heads, was able to get it started but looks like oil is spraying up from the bottom side heads, can't figure out where exactly it's coming from but I have a set of new heads and a cam I want to put in. I have a set of cast iron gt40 heads and an e303 cam. Not too familiar with turbo and the proper set up, anyone have any links on steps to do the cam and head change and what's needed to get this turbo running properly, car starts but after about 10mins of it running it turns off and car won't start until cool, need help bring this pony back to life. Thanks guys

·
Registered
775 Posts
Since your Turbo you want a lower compression. The stock heads keep the compression lower and gt40's will keep you at about the same but give you more HP but definitely upgrade the springs if your putting a Cam in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
upgrade the springs if your putting a Cam in
+1 on the springs good advice.

Also if you can afford it, run some head studs. It helps keep the head down under boost. I run 14#'s on my block with GT40 iron heads that were milled about 6 thousands each head to ensure they were flat. I just ran the felpro 9333's and it has worked great all season. About 75 passes so far no problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 on the springs good advice.

Also if you can afford it, run some head studs. It helps keep the head down under boost. I run 14#'s on my block with GT40 iron heads that were milled about 6 thousands each head to ensure they were flat. I just ran the felpro 9333's and it has worked great all season. About 75 passes so far no problem.
Could use some advice on how you set up your turbo

·
Registered
775 Posts
Also with the starting issue you might want to look into your tfi module on your distributor. They are known to go out especially if they get hot and would make it so.the car wouldn't start until its cooled off

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.