Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a set of GT40P heads and an explorer upper and lower intake. I am planning on using the E303 and 1.7 rockers.

Any suggestions? Does or don'ts?

I need a low buck combo to increase power.

·
Registered
231 Posts
About how much power would that add? I might be willing to go the same route. I just wanna get into mid-low 13s and then I will be happy! Goodluck with your combo!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
10 Posts
E303 won't work with speed density (don't know what year you're running) and with mass air, get the idle air kit. GT40P will require new headers as they don't line up with stock Mustang. Check about using 1.7's....they're probably ok, but IMHO, I think they're a lot of money for little effect. I have an explorer engine with the older GT40 heads and had to go to mass air with the E303. Good combo.....and cheap.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any other opinions?

·
Registered
351 Posts
get a custom cam instead and you'll be much happier. if not at least do a little cam research and try to pick a better stick. e303 is old school.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i was looking into running gt40p with a cobra or performer intake with a f303 or a trick flow stage 1. any suggestion.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any suggestions on who to talk to about a custom cam?

I don't want to spend a fortune on one.

·
Registered
414 Posts
where is a god place to go for a custom cam. are their any web sites or would anderson ford motorsports be a good place to look.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
89stk5.0 said:
where is a god place to go for a custom cam. are their any web sites or would anderson ford motorsports be a good place to look.
Since your in New England this place does custom cams and is somewhat local...www.5oproshop.com

·
Registered
414 Posts
'84 LTD LX

i didnt know they made custom cams. when i go there to get my new short block i will talk to them about a cam. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
He's good. I was there this past Sat. I held a McClaren Super Head in my hands, the best head ever made for a Ford Windsor engine and was ogling an all aluminum 351W stroked to 427 with a Kinsler fuel injection system converted to EFI. Had 8 huge stacks bolted to the TFS High Port heads intake runners. Truly a work of art that is going into a FFR Cobra Replica that is going road racing.

He can get anything you need, even hard to get stuff that has been discontinued for years new in the box. Like my MAC/TFS High Port 1 3/4 in lontube headers for a 302 block, these have been obsolete for years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts