Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK

Legislation (H.B. 1178) to ban the installation, ownership or use of any car with aftermarket speakers over 6.5 inches in height or depth, any 5 speaker aftermarket system, any aftermarket speaker over 100 watts and any aftermarket speaker installed external to the passenger compartment or in an open hatch back will not be considered in the Hawaii legislature this year. The measure was discriminatory toward aftermarket products, as it did not seek to limit systems installed by the original vehicle manufacturer or dealer. If enacted, the bill would have denied hobbyists the opportunity to purchase and install a range of aftermarket alternatives to original equipment stereos. Following a hearing on the bill in the House Transportation Committee, the measure was deferred.

Congratulations and thank you to those who participated in opposing this bill!

·
Banned
168 Posts
Legislation (H.B. 1178) to ban the installation, ownership or use of any car with aftermarket speakers over 6.5 inches in height or depth, any 5 speaker aftermarket system, any aftermarket speaker over 100 watts and any aftermarket speaker installed external to the passenger compartment or in an open hatch back will not be considered in the Hawaii legislature this year. The measure was discriminatory toward aftermarket products, as it did not seek to limit systems installed by the original vehicle manufacturer or dealer. If enacted, the bill would have denied hobbyists the opportunity to purchase and install a range of aftermarket alternatives to original equipment stereos. Following a hearing on the bill in the House Transportation Committee, the measure was deferred.
Doesn't Hawaii have any laws against noise pollution? Kind of nuts they want to tell people what they can and can't have in the way of audio setups.

Glad it was defeated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what benefit would this bring? isn't everything posted here on the corral?
While we try to post as much as possible here on the Corral in a timely fashion, we may not always be able to because of other fires that pop-up. That's why its best to join-up, for FREE (yup, I said FREE) to get alerts, information, and special invitations delivered directly to your inbox.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
While we try to post as much as possible here on the Corral in a timely fashion, we may not always be able to because of other fires that pop-up. That's why its best to join-up, for FREE (yup, I said FREE) to get alerts, information, and special invitations delivered directly to your inbox.

Why should we join SAN? You already post 90% of it here anyway. No need for a double dose.

·
Lounge Moderator, US Air Force Active Duty
3,123 Posts
Freaking Hawaii has all kinds of weird laws. I think if you are caught doing 20MPH or something like that over the speed limit, it is a HEAVY fine, and a mistameanor .... if I remember right.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That's all good, until I'm stopped in traffic in my truck with my AC and stereo on and the windows are still trying to cave in because of the thump-thump-thump from the Honda in the next lane.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
thumbs up for cars as loud and annoying as harleys

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
thumbs up for cars as loud and annoying as harleys
While some harleys are loud. Some aren't. Mine certainly is within the law, as I just had it inspected on 2/28/11. I entertain the fact that if my bike is loud, set decible llimits and enforce those limits accordingly.

Current Hawaii law already prohibits amplificatiion that can be heard more than 50' from the source. While prohibition at the vendor level was an ill advised proposal, law enforcement has not been given the tools (money and manpower) to enforce the laws for individuals violating the statutes already on the books. Legislators have a habit of enacting laws with NO regard to how the law will be enforced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts