Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one, and will be using it on a alum. manifold.. will those intake/carb studs. pull out the motor? and what did you use to secure the plate to the manifold? the same carb nuts?.. Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I tried asking the same question, and didn't get too much of a response, so I just took off the headers, and bolted the chains to the head bolt/header bolt holes, lifted the engine and tranny out perfect.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nothing beats the old fashioned chain

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah do it all the time. On Carbs you can use the same studs/nuts, just make sure they dont bottom out before hitting the plate (if so use washers to take up space).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah, I did mine using a Summit lift plate and the bolts that hold down my upper Edelbrock manifold.

Worked like a charm.

Then used it on a buddies engine/ manual tranny combo. There I used 4 grade 8 bolts though.

Works great.

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
i used one, but mine was an EFI application with 6 bolts as opposed to 4 with a carb application, i had good luck with mine this past winter. as said before be sure you get plenty of thread into the intake to avoid pulling the threads out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts