Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called my mechanic up...To my surprise he told me it would be around $300 to weld my subframe connectors in. Holy crap! He told me the high price was because you ABSOLUTELY MUST have to take the interior out of the car in order to install these things. My carpet is shot in my car and I Really wanted to wait until winter time to put a new carpet in, etc.

Can anyone else fill me in and tell me if the interior really has to come out in order to do this?

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Not necessary unless you have the griggs weld in the floor type where the floor plan is actually cut apart and re-welded.

·
Registered
252 Posts
just had mine welded in and nothing near that difficult, jacked my car up and welded em in. of course unless you have the Griggs. might want to check out other shops and what they say it entails.

kevin

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
No problems hear either, installed mine on a drive on rack so that the cars chassis would be settled. I was a bit concerned about catching the carpet on fire but it never even got warm.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
One thing to be aware of, make sure the fuel lines are out of the way, or cover them up or something. The guy that welded mine in set my car on fire when a piece of slag burned a hole through the plastic fuel line. It was a bit scary for a minute or so.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Count me in here, too. No problem with the interior or carpet when installing the sub-frames.:joy: :joy:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Please at least have some watch if you refuse to take it out. Cause my garage almost burnt to the ground when my buddy welded his in his car, by the way his car is no more if you get my drift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts