Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying this set of 99 heads for one reason--so I can send them out to have them P&P, upgraded valvesprings & oversized valves, and a cam in each then ill put them on my new built shortblock. Once this is done, Ill have my old set of heads from my stock block which are in good condition. Will I be able to get my money back do you think?

-Adam

·
Registered
733 Posts
2000 Saleen said:
Im looking into buying this set of 99 heads for one reason--so I can send them out to have them P&P, upgraded valvesprings & oversized valves, and a cam in each then ill put them on my new built shortblock. Once this is done, Ill have my old set of heads from my stock block which are in good condition. Will I be able to get my money back do you think?

-Adam
Not if the reason you're no longer making boost is that the stock heads are cracked. It depends how many miles you've got on them too. I know I'd be wary of buying used heads off of a S/C'd car.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Have a shot at some heads of a 99gt for $500..is this a -decent- deal?

bierbelly said:

Not if the reason you're no longer making boost is that the stock heads are cracked. It depends how many miles you've got on them too. I know I'd be wary of buying used heads off of a S/C'd car.
The reason my car isnt 'making boost' is because I sold the Procharger.

I think you misinterpreted me..the heads are coming off a N/A car and are fine. My heads are fine. Im just wondering if, when i get the new motor together, I can unload the extra set of heads easily for that kind of $$?

-Adam

·
Registered
733 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Have a shot at some heads of a 99gt for $500..is this a -decent- deal?

2000 Saleen said:

The reason my car isnt 'making boost' is because I sold the Procharger.

I think you misinterpreted me..the heads are coming off a N/A car and are fine. My heads are fine. Im just wondering if, when i get the new motor together, I can unload the extra set of heads easily for that kind of $$?

-Adam
Oh, sorry. Yeah, probably could get your 5 bills back, not the cost of the additional mods your putting on the new heads. How many miles on them?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Have a shot at some heads of a 99gt for $500..is this a -decent- deal?

bierbelly said:

Oh, sorry. Yeah, probably could get your 5 bills back, not the cost of the additional mods your putting on the new heads. How many miles on them?
Right. Heres a more detailed explanation. Ive got a built shortbock sitting here and I also have a stock longblock in my car. Was gonna buy the heads, send them out to get stuff done, get them back, put them on the built shortblock and just swap them that way rather than taking off MY heads and having the car immobile for a little bit (which is actually what im trying to avoid).

Only 26k miles on them so they're in good condition.

-Adam

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yeah, I've seen a lot of guys, both here and on Stangnet that are dying for a cheap set of '99+ heads. You'll do ok. But if you take them off your long block, what'll you do with it?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bierbelly said:
Yeah, I've seen a lot of guys, both here and on Stangnet that are dying for a cheap set of '99+ heads. You'll do ok. But if you take them off your long block, what'll you do with it?
Might be more worthwhile (money wise) to sell it complete I guess?

-Adam

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh...here come the vultures!:D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I thought the 99 heads and the 2k+ heads were different.
Having different bolts on the accessory mounting points - Romeo, Windsor...... making the swap more difficult but not impossible.

Dwayne

·
Registered
733 Posts
46GTSblown said:
I thought the 99 heads and the 2k+ heads were different.
Having different bolts on the accessory mounting points - Romeo, Windsor...... making the swap more difficult but not impossible.

Dwayne
To some extent I think you're correct. However, I have '99 heads (Windsor) on my '98 Romeo engine. When they switched back to Romeo in '01 (I'm told), it's actually easier, since the original valve covers will fit the later heads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.