Ford Mustang Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I didn’t believe it Rob. My prior experience 20 yrs ago with it being 180 out was WAY different than just a non fire up situation. It sounded like the motor was to soon self destruct. Granted this is a different motor and different cam. But, you guys were right!!

Oh by the way, I found blue burnt shreds of shop towel all over my floor in the garage tonight. LOL!

Just an old FOD here. Thanks for humoring and helping me out guys!!

I warmed her up so that the thermostat opened and let her cool back off to check coolant level later. Next to decide where to really set the idle. Time to pull out the laptop PMS InterACQ and make sure of the TPS setting too. Hope I remember how to do that too! LoL.

I am excited that maybe my PCV system will work right finally & that oil consumption mightgo to normal levels. It’s always burnt too much oil. I thought it stunk but not worth rebuilding for. Can’t wait to see how it improves. Maybe mpg too?

I think she may be WAY more fun to drive now.....

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
I don’t remember that event yet. Would you mind refreshing my memory a bit more? If your still in VA Beach area it could have been my coupe or my ‘vert. If it was the coupe it would have been after “the swap”.

I bought this coupe about 17-18 years ago and swapped engines and rears with my ‘86 red convertible. That was in Hampton VA. I moved to TN in 2003.

I have had this idle problem for about 11-12 years. I think it was this way when or shortly after I got the motor back from an engine builder.

The intake gasket clearly slipped and that’s when I think this idle problem began. I must not have posted the picture of the intake gasket here. The other heads intake gasket slipped on the two center cylinders Big Time down toward the valley. Crapper paper fiber gaskets. I’ll never use this again. The new FelPro 1262S3 should fix it however. :)

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Now that you’ve jogged my old brain cells, I do think some of it is coming back. I think I was concerned about the A9P AOD computer in my car compared to the manual EECIV.....

Wow if you’d not reminded me I’d had lost that forever!

121 - 124 of 124 Posts