Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and used one of those delete plates to mount the throttle cable? Is this worth any power? Do you leave the EGR plugged into the sensor and just leave it hanging?

thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
EGR delete

I am planning this mod in the near future. I'm not sure on the EGR valve itself, but I have mine turned off via the Autologic chip from Danny Swanson. I'm just going to remove it completely. By deleting this EGR/Spacer, I'll be removing unneccessary weight and gaining clearance for my custom inlet pipe that I'm building for Pro-M 80mm to 75mm TB. At this point, I should gain a few HP.

Andy

·
Registered
480 Posts
I run the spacer and EGR sensor hooked up, but the EGR is not functional. It tripped the check engine light and made less power with the sensor dissconected. Neither my heads (RPMS) or intake (Slaeen) are designed to use EGR, so I don't....
I have heard rumor that the spacer actually acts similar to a carb spacer and helps power, but I never seen any proof. (easy to veryfy on the dyno though).
If the EGR and coolant lines are not conected then it is just dead weight and a slight increaes in intake volume..
Tom....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm....well i found out it won't really work due to the fuel rails and where the FPR sits so i guess the EGR spacer stays

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.