Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going back to longtubes and want to avoid the ball and socket connectors on the popular headers like Mac and BBK.

The hookers seem to make a decent amount of power at not to great of a price. Has anyone ever tried to fit them on P heads? I;ve never seen this setup addressed before...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neil said:
I asked this question there first as well as doing a seach for a similar topic. In the thread about what fits it isn't mentioned one way or another whether hookers fit P heads, only that they are easy to install on a fox body.

The search didn't give me any responses about whether anyone had ever attempted to install hookers on P heads.

I know that they will fit quite easily in the fox body but have no info whether they will clear the plugs with these heads.

Thanks for the response though.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would worry more bout the port alignment than the plug clearance, The P head has a raised bolt pattern on the ports so the headers will be about 1/4" higher than expected unless they have been redrilled.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bricklin said:
I would worry more bout the port alignment than the plug clearance, The P head has a raised bolt pattern on the ports so the headers will be about 1/4" higher than expected unless they have been redrilled.
Where did you hear this? I've had three or four different kinds of headers on my P heads in the last couple of years and never had that problem. The problem is the repositioned plug more then anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts