Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys (OGs from the 90s) long time no talk. This message goes out to anyone that has been screwed legally speaking by Al Papitto of the former Boss 330 Racing.

A friend of mine had been waiting over 2.5 years for PRE-PAID ported 4v heads and they were recently shipped back to him (after years of BS) UNTOUCHED.

My friend isn't stupid, isn't broke and is going to put a serious legal hurting on him both civilly and criminally for this unacceptable behavior.

I remember from years ago the dozens if not hundreds of similar Al Papitto threads so I thought I'd check in and see if anyone else has fallen victim

FWIW I used to consider the man a friend, now I think he's Scum like 90% of the automotive aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if you don't feel like posting or can't because you're currently in legal process or thinking about it regarding Al, please PM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
What? I personally helped haul a motor Al built for my buddy. He has always been hard to get ahold of but this isn't the Al I know. I find this difficult to believe.

Sent by Morse code

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What? I personally helped haul a motor Al built for my buddy. He has always been hard to get ahold of but this isn't the Al I know. I find this difficult to believe.

Sent by Morse code
Trust me I defended him for years and we were close friends for many years, I always had a red phone to get a hold of him that was never an issue for me. He is NOT the same person and hasn't been for the past 3 years or so. What he did to my friend is flat out FRAUD. He was a good egg that turned bad and is now going to pay the piper.

You can believe it now or when the docs become public.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had heard that Al has been out of the modular game for quite some time. I know numerous guys who he built motors for. I guess ill save judgement for when all the facts are public.

Sent by Morse code

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had heard that Al has been out of the modular game for quite some time. I know numerous guys who he built motors for. I guess ill save judgement for when all the facts are public.

Sent by Morse code
Yes he built quite a few back in the day and he was good at it. Very good. His customer service was always industry worst but again never an issue for me.

All docs will be posted. He will be given one last "good faith" letter via atty to repay his debt this coming week and then it's full force game on.

My friend was more than patient with his prepaid set of heads, as such I expect him to be brutal in the courts.

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
:rolleyes:

Something isn't right here. Nobody waits that long for anything without looking into "red flags". It's just as much your friends fault.

Doubt it. Certainly not if his business is closed/bankrupt or whatever.

So years ago, you say, there were threads upon threads with issues with AL but your friend has had heads with him for the last 2-3 years. You being a great friend (to Al and your buddy) never piped up about any of it? Hmm. Curious.

Like I said, something about your involvement and this story doesn't really add up. Good guys like Al don't one day decide to up and screw people either. There's much more to this story I'm sure. If there is litigation, it will come out.
Yes the something isn't right part is my friend has too much time and is too forgiving. That ends now. Believe it or not some people have more than 3 cars, more than 10 cars, more than 20 cars, so one down ain't a big deal. People like him don't post on the internet LOL, and he nor I are looking for comments from the clueless peanut gallery.

Yes there will be a lot more that "comes out" all bad regarding Al. I have phone, email, text records back and forth with Al and it's all the same. Excuse after excuse. My friend was willing to let bygones be bygones and take his ported heads but when he sent them back untouched, he started a war that he cannot win.

Search for yourself, I used to cover his ass all the time for being late with ####, but this is Theft and on a different level. Al isn't the same Al anymore. He's a lost sad scumbag. Everyone that see's this post alert him it's up, he won't respond because he can't what could he possibly say, and if he does choose to post and lie he'll be even more ####ed in court.

I know and have known him better than anyone on this board for 10+ years. You know nothing.

Regardless unless you have anything to add regard being screwed by Al then don't post in this thread. I don't want it muddied up with random conjecture and BS.

Oh and for your legal genius mind the Cashiers check sent via USPS Overnight (mail fraud) was made out to Al Papitto, not Boss 330 Racing. Bye now.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Metallica said it best; sad but true.

It is very unfortunate to see this stuff happen to people/companies, who are so talented and good at what they do.

I saw this coming years ago. There is no telling how many people I have (thankfully) saved from these situations occurring with Mr. Papitto.

Never did I see this coming from you sir. Hopefully this gets resolved.

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Metallica said it best; sad but true.

It is very unfortunate to see this stuff happen to people/companies, who are so talented and good at what they do.

I saw this coming years ago. There is no telling how many people I have (thankfully) saved from these situations occurring with Mr. Papitto.

Never did I see this coming from you sir. Hopefully this gets resolved.
Like you said, it's par for the course anymore.

My friend will have resolution, he's willing to spend 10x as much prosecuting Al than he did on the $3500 rush job for his heads. It's a matter of respect now, I wouldn't trade places with Al for all the money in the world.

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well cup cake, seems to me you have it all under control so why the need for such a thread? GL to you both and hopefully it gets sorted out. Believe me, I cant stand a scammer/theif or people getting screwed (unless they do it to themselves). Keep in mind, you're on an open, public forum so suck it up. It's a great tool for this sort of thing but it is what it is.

Your friend sent the man, who's running a thriving company a check simply with his name on it? Bright.

Like I said, it's an internet forum. All I'm saying is theirs way more to this story than you're letting on but whatever. Maybe he was just another MHS? Sorry your buddy got shafted and has to deal with it but he obviously couldn't have cared less for over 2 years. It needs to be corrected.
I told you to stop posting in this thread unless you have something to add regarding being screwed by Al, please take note.

I already stated I'm posting here (and have posted here years before you even found the site cupcake) to find others that have gone through similar ordeals. So far in the first few hrs a few have come forward, hopefully more will, we'll see who else we can help.

My friend is obviously intelligent enough to know having a Cashier's check typed out with Al's name on it helps him immensely more than one that would have said Boss 330 on it. Your dumbass would have been out of luck eh?

Anyway, stop posting and sit on the sidelines, this thread wasn't put up for you to imagine what could have happened. I'm looking for others with similar stories.

Goodbye now.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Keep this thread on track or it will get LOCKED. Please refrain from personal attacks. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Andrew! Sup bud!

While I have no business posting in this thread since I have no negative dealings with Al, this is really disheartening to see. Hopefully it all gets worked out.

Just another sign that the old days are goneeee.

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Andrew! Sup bud!

While I have no business posting in this thread since I have no negative dealings with Al, this is really disheartening to see. Hopefully it all gets worked out.

Just another sign that the old days are goneeee.
Mike, what's going on brother. Good to see you still around. How long did Al have your Aviator manifold? Did you ever get it back?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
LMAO, you TOLD me. I.C. Well, All that's going to do is earn you a gfys. Like I said, Hope it get's sorted out.
On most forums the OP has the right to ask people that post with no relevance or that cause thread digressions to stop. I don't care what you have to say, you're not adding to this thread you're detracting so STFU and walk away.

Well, NO. Going by what YOU said, your friend was not intelligent enough to do some research like I would have and if the hundreds of negative feedback existed then, would have done business elsewhere. A good friend like yourself maybe should have warned him? I would have.
Warned him about what, at the point I reco'd him he was never a thief?

Carrying an extra chromosome are we?

Also, your last post to this forum was 3 years ago. I know you think because you upped in 99 when mustangs were just starting to get good you have some sort of seniority but that's not exactly how it how it works.:rolleyes: So take it easy, relax and let the it go. If all you said is true, your big time, big shot buddy will get his justice.
Cliff's Notes: You are a nobody and you know nothing, use the search function if it helps you understand. Your mentality about the situation from the beginning (OMG he waited 2 years???) is that of a typical credit card racer who sends out the heads on his daily driver.

Mustangs starting to get good in '99?? ROFL, I don't think so. Try 2012. I dumped my last stang because it was a POS based on a 79 fairmont. It took Ford over 10 years to build something worth my $. Until the Boss (edit: Coyote really) Ford wasn't worth a look, the new GT500 finally shows true performance potential that is competitive vs the global market.

Again for the good of the thread and those others who find themselves in this situation, STFU and stop posting your drivel. No one cares what you have to say and you have zero factual knowledge of the situation. You are simply here to digress and derail. So by all means drive that stroked 4.6 with over 1/3 of the piston skirts hanging out of the bottom of the block at BDC off a cliff before it eats itself.

This topic is not up for debate. The entire point of this thread is looking for others in the same boat. If you wish to continue being a child do so via PM please.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Keep this thread on track or it will get LOCKED. Please refrain from personal attacks. Thanks!
Tim, please keep this idiot out of my thread.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Another blast from the past back on the Corral!

Sup Andrew, it sucks to hear about this but I've seen so many like it browsing lately. Hope it all works out for your buddy.

Shame302, STFU already. There is a long list of modular builders who have screwed customers and this just adds to the list. I got screwed out of an engine from a prominent builder many years ago. Always with some excuse and 3 months turns into 6 and then into 12 and so on. Finally got 80% of my money back after almost 2 years and said screw it, I'm done.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Like I stated in another thread about Al. From a very reputable source he started having health issues. Is that a reason to just close the doors and rip everybody off? No, but since I don't know all the circumstances until we know I would hold off on putting Al into the category of a fly by night shop.

If anybody knows Kris Starnes, he might know how to get a hold of Al. Perhaps he knows the current state of Al.

-Mark

1 - 20 of 70 Posts