Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the market for a fox. I found one locally that the seller claims is a hard body coupe, but has a soft top cover. He claims it is not a vert. I did some research and I wasn't able to obtain any info. Has anyone seen this before? Can the cloth just be removed? Is underneath the cloth, just a regular hard top?

TIA!

Attachments

· Registered
10,375 Posts
I remember seeing carriage roof as an option in some of my early/mid 80's Mustang brochures I have. Unsure when it was factory, but there were also aftermarket companies doing that back then as well. Apparently in the 80's and 90's, having a fake convertible was cool

· Registered
10,375 Posts
Someone on a FB group posted a pic of an 80's coupe with this as a factory option. They stripped the top off and found the rear seams where the roof is welded to the rear quarters was not finished and blended.

· Registered
2,746 Posts
Lol, one of these popped by me recently, clean little 4cyl.car but so ugly with that roof... I've only seen a few 87-93's in person. Anyone know if there like the older cars where they didn't lead the pillars or the roof rails under those tops?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts