Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd like some new seats, mine are all bent and the drivers seat is starting to hurt my back :(, i tried to fix it, by bending it back and welding it in place, but oh well

time for new seats, but i can't afford some nice sparco's or something

so has anyone ever put seats from a car other than i mustang into thier car???

what year/model was the car

i am not afraid of the seat tracks not matching, i am mgood at fabbing things like that :)

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
at he track on friday night I saw 2 mustangs with 90s prelude seats in em. They looked really good. I talked to the owners and they said a lot of braket fabrication was involved but they only payed 50 bux a seat.

Sorry no pics!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
guy I know installed some leather saturn seats, they looked alright

·
Registered
210 Posts
I put two mid '80s Supra seats in mine. The drivers seat has manual air pumped lumbar and adjustable side support and thigh support. They were the top of the line when they came out back then. I got both for $30 at the local U pull it.

I had to make two brackets out of angle iron to get the seat at the right height, but I am pretty good with a torch, and the price was right. The Supra seats mounted directly to the floor so they were too short for the Mustang. They were black and grey and in great shape but I still put covers on them.

I had a set of Audi seats in it before that and all I had to do to make them work was get another set of Mustang seat tracks and bolt/weld them to the Audi seat and they went right in. I think I spent about $40 on those.

If you have a little time and a good imagination, you can do it.

Anything is better than stock!

Clint

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have some Recaros out of a VW Corrado. You have to weld the seats onto the old rails in order for it to work. I mount the seats using the factory mounting bolts and holes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put a Pair of Scheel-Mann Sport seats in My 91 GT. Fabbed out
a couple of pieces of flat stock to accept the factory tracks and wider seat bolt pattern. Seats were used, probably more than I should have given for em, but they hold your ass in, good seat and side bolsters. I think if you can find any good seat, within the basic width/height dimensions, you can always fab the tracks
to install it. Just takes alittle time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I bought my car a couple of years ago it had a set of toyota seats in it because he said that the backs had broke. Only problem was that this guy had them to fit him at 5"4 and I get the car and the seats do not go back far enough(I'm 6"8). So I just hunted down some GT's. But I did not like the seats that were in the car. A buddy of mine has Recaro's and they are nice. And again i dont fit in his car all that good because of the cage.:D Oh well story of my life, just livin in a short mans world:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts