Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

DSS told me the did some changes to there Pro Series Pistons.
I'm looking to buy some, And just wondered what you think about them.. I know there old ones where good but what about these ones.?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok has anyone bought any DSS Pistons? do you like them?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a set of DSS pistons in my 306 and haven't had any problems with them. All of DSS products are pretty high quality and well made.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I had a DSS low comp(8.5 to 1) shortblock that made great power and all but I split the block. I have 7 Pistons and 8 rods for sale, the one lip on the 8th piston got bent. I will sell them REAL CHEAP just to get rid of them.
E-mail or PM me if you are interested.
Jim

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I-mailed DSS Yesturday. They Wrote back to me today.
There Pro Series Pistons are Completely Different than there Old ones.. TRW DOES NOT MAKE THE PISTONS ANYMORE.. DSS Does Everthing to them, I copied There Response they wrote to me for those that are Interested.. Here it is..

''Please review the estimate below. We no longer have any of the machine work on the pistons done for us - we completely machine the pistons here in house. TRW does not supply us with pistons. The new pistons are approx 60g each lighter than the previous TRW-like piston. This is due to a new manufacturing process and a dedicated forging with weight taken out of non critical areas. This piston also uses drilled oil return holes for added strength and a CNC diamond turned skirt. We have revised the valve relief for even larger camshafts. With a main support system, your engine should be able to handle in the area of 550hp reliably. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.''

What do you think? should I buy them?!!!!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
yeah.....even the old dss pistons were good, now they're even better

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

I think I'll go ahead and buy them... 60g lighter.! woohoo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts