Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some trouble with my stock 4.6. When I go to start it in the morning,it starts up and immediately stalls. Usually the second crank gets it going fine. The car idles fine.The next problem is that if you get into to loud pedal with any authority, it will stumble and sometimes backfire. Even after it is warmed up the car will not function when mashing the gas. It falls flat on it's face.The car acts like it's either getting too much gas or not enough. If you back out of the pedal it will start pulling around 1/2 throttle. I pulled some codes and they all have the same theme...EGR control not having adequate voltage. Too low. Has anyone had a problem like this. Help would be appreciated. I'll be cleaning the mass air meter tomorrow. One more question that might be related. If you put vacuum on the fuel pressure regulator,with a pump, should it hold vacuum? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
433 Posts
sydhawk said:
I pulled some codes and they all have the same theme...EGR control not having adequate voltage. Too low.

i'd consider checking the DPFE hoses and/or replacing the DPFE.

check to make sure the EVR is plugged in.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Hard Cold Starts/Hesitation?'s

fixer said:
i'd consider checking the DPFE hoses and/or replacing the DPFE.

check to make sure the EVR is plugged in.
Ok. You just lost me with the DPFE. What's that?The EVR is the little black canister looking deal,just behind the TB, with the 2 vac hoses on the bottom.One going to the egr and has a 2 wire plug in it?Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hard Cold Starts/Hesitation?'s

sydhawk said:
Ok. You just lost me with the DPFE. What's that?The EVR is the little black canister looking deal,just behind the TB, with the 2 vac hoses on the bottom.One going to the egr and has a 2 wire plug in it?Thanks
yeah. thats the EVR.

The DPFE sensor is the sensor that has two small hoses going to the EGR tube. it senses exhaust back pressure.

the DPFE is mounted near the firewall. its black (or silver) and is the size of a credit card and as thick as a casette tape.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mine did the same thing sometimes. I just ignored it and it went away.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ahhh...you just described my car. It does this every so often. I thought it was the new location of the O2 sensors with my Longtube headers though. Hmmmm....Subscribing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts