Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my smog pump went out today. It was making this horrid rattling-grinding noise. I called the dealer and they said $300+ and the parts stores around here where at about $100; so I decided to run the 905K6 short belt to bypass the pump. I left the pump on and didn't remove or plug any lines. Do I need to worry about anything as far as ill effects by leaving it intact? Will it mess anything up (besides the smog pump maybe siezing up)?

·
Registered
167 Posts
only if you have cat's on your car. after time without the smog pump the cat's will clog up. nothing immeadiately, but i would not run it like that for more than a few months...maybe someone can tell a better amount of time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
only if you have cat's on your car. after time without the smog pump the cat's will clog up. nothing immeadiately, but i would not run it like that for more than a few months...maybe someone can tell a better amount of time.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
some of my smog hoses below the air filter got disconnected once.. they made a horrible noise too.. check them out.. i couln't find it and had to take it to the dealer.. i paid them 35 bucks to tell me what was wrong and i took it home and fixed it. :mad:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info!!! Is there any way to modify it so I can keep the cats? My car is registered in Texas and..................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts