Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my car and I was using a pressure washer well the bottom was dirty so I sprayed underneath the car went to leave and the car would not start the fuel pump is not kicking on when the key is turned WTF I am so pissed,I am going to go back and see if something just dried out and it will start....Any suggestions please:mad:

·
Registered
245 Posts
stevo50...

It sounds like your fuel pump is gone.

Mine sort of did the same thing. Got up one morning and I had to move the car out of the driveway. It fired right up, I moved the car while letting the wife get her car out, pulled it back in the driveway and parked it for a couple of hours. I came back out and the car would not start. My fuel pump had been "howling" for a couple months and when I did not hear it I knew right away... What really sucked is that I had 3/4 tank of fuel. It was my first time changing an EFI fuel pump and only took a couple of hours to install a new one, thank goodness it was a Saturday and the parts store had one in stock.

Good luck...

Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just replaced My starter yesterday I dont know if they could be related,maybe I will just lite the thing on fire I am pissed.....Thanks for the help.......Steve

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I have had the same problem when I did not have the coil cover on. Water got in and just soaked the coil. It dried out and fired right up. I must agree that if you do not hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key, it is most likely the culprit. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my car towed home I tried to spray some starter fluid but that did not work,the fuel pump still does not kick on,I was wondering if it could be something electrical that is frying everything in my car,seeing I just changed my starter now this it just seems weird that both parts decided to die within a week,If anybody has had this problem please respond

·
Registered
10 Posts
my 2 cents but each time it's happened to me was basically my fault except once.
1)NEVER run the tank empty or even near it ~ fuel pump will burn up the gas is actually the coolant/lubrication.
2) check the relay ~ should be green and under drivers seat turn key to on pos. should here/feel it click if so it's good.
3) check fuel cut off switch in trunk could poss. be active tap lightly and make the red button pop up when it does push it back down to set.
4) double ckeck plug / clean / dielectric grease the pins (back top side of tank)and if that doesn't make that fuel pump sing ~~:p
time to go shopping:rolleyes:
hope it helps,
Rich

·
Registered
142 Posts
just for ****s and giggles check the inertsha (spell?) switch in the trunk. could have set it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts