Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that that bent up muffler going over the rear end would choke it up a bit. Has anyone cut there exhaust to come out before the "big bend" ovver the rear? If so are you happy with it? I kow they make kits for it but its a little pricey.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Plenty of guy's I know have done it; just put turn downs at the tail end of the muffler. the exhaust will be a little louder & the resonanse into the interior is a little more pronounced. it really depends on what you like or can tolerate............

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, i love loud exhausts, so it wont bother me much....
so reuse my chrome turndowns from at the rear of the car on the side?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Yep, your imagination is the only limit. If you wanted, you could have them welded on at an exhaust shop if you find that everything is exactly the way you like it......

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
stangjon you get that car running yet?

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehe, read my newest post.... stupid car...it'll never run right

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
yeah I read it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Absolutely, I had my Delta Flow 40's installed at a local muffler shop- $20 apiece to cut 6" off the tips of my tailpipes and weld them on to the muffler turned down and out at 45 degree angle. On a cold morning you can see the exhaust hit the ground at the inside edge of the rear tires and split around them- looks like your tires are always smoking!:D

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice, i think once i get this thing running ok, i'm gonna give that a try.....

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Are you wanting dumps or are you wanting side exhaust? It's kinda unclear in your posts?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hes talking about dumps.

Can you just cut the tailpipes off any cat back at the muffler and have 45 Degree turndowns put on, or do you have to get a catback that comes with dumps?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Yes

No

:)

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol....it really didnt matter if i had the look of a side exhaust...i mean i do have chrome turndowns that i could have welded on, and have them come out by the front of the rear tires...... i was just wanting to get rid of that giant loop that goes over the rear axle. It looks like it could cause some restriction, plus take away some of my noise... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts