Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about selling a fox and buying a new 03 GT.

If I do this its going to be a daily driver and I dont want to go too radical....

I was thinking 8-10lbs of boost and an exhaust... nothing really more. What type of HP gains should i see from that and 1/4 times??

I dont know too much about the mod motors... how will a stock block and internals stand up to that type of boost?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
PUR PONY said:
Im thinking about selling a fox and buying a new 03 GT.

If I do this its going to be a daily driver and I dont want to go too radical....

I was thinking 8-10lbs of boost and an exhaust... nothing really more. What type of HP gains should i see from that and 1/4 times??

I dont know too much about the mod motors... how will a stock block and internals stand up to that type of boost?
8-10lbs and an exhaust(headers?h-pipe?catback?) will get you between 350-380RWHP typically, depending on the tune. I got 360RWHP with the blower, exhaust(x-pipe and catback), and a few other mods. 1/4 times will depend on the driver and traction but average about mid to high 12's. The stock motor can take it if the car is tuned right and you take the needed precautions. Good luck Later Ron

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks....

Im looking at long tubes, x-pipe w/ hi-flo cats, and mufflers.... along with an intercooled blower.... or possibably a kenne bell roots blower???? or should i go vortech/paxton

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what exactly would i need besides the full exhaust and blower to get to 450rwhp???

anyone ver hear of allen racing developement and their roots blower systems using he eaton blower?? are they any good??

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
IMO 450RWHP will be tough and is risky with the stock internals. There are people out there but with the stock internals and fuel system I wouldn't recomend it. With a smaller pulley and more agressive tune I could be right there but 400RWHP is pretty nice and I know that I could jump in my car right now and drive to NC to see my parents w/o worrying. I would go with a Vortech blower but make your own intercooler ie don't uses Vortech's as it isn't the greatest. Below is a list of my mods to give you an idea of what needs to be done. Also, not sure if this matters to you but it isn't cheap as I got about 12K into my car.

Vortech SQ with 3.33 pulley, Vortech aftercooler, KB BAP, P&P bullit intake, P&P TB, Pro-M MA, Steeda radiator, MAC longtubes(custom coated), modified Bassani X-with cats, Borla XR-1, steeda tri-ax, King Cobra clutch, billet flywheel, FMS aluminum driveshaft, FMS 3.73's, subframe connectors, tokico 5 way shocks/struts, MM rear control arms, Cobra front brakes, line locks, and whatever else I missed!LOL Later Ron

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
GT KICKS said:
primetime,I see you live in Ohio also, whom did you get to do your tune? I'm in the process of installing a Novi 2000 and would like to find someone local to tune it if possible?
I drive up to Mt. Clemens MI and have Lidio Iacobelli tune my car. He owns Alternative Auto and is one of the best mod motor tuners. Not sure where you are located but if you are close to Cincy I would go to Pauls and have Mike Wesley tune the car. I believe he is the guy who invented the Autologic software. You can't go wrong either way, I went with Lidio because he was honest and willing to spend time with me before I decided to spend a dollar. Some of the other shops didn't want to answer my questions. Good luck where do you race at? Later Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Ron!!! Haven't raced yet been collecting parts for 1-1/2 years as spare cash was avail just tore car down to install mods.
I live about 70 miles south of Cleveland. I'm close to a small 1/8mi. strip that I raced at back in the mid 70's called Magnolia Drag Strip. Mod mainly just for the thrill/accomplishment/hobby.

Phil (2000gt)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.