Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to upgrade the rear with 31 spline mosers that have the long studs on them. For you guys that run the factory wheels for street use will the factory lugs go all the way down to the wheel or will they bottom out of the stud. Or did you have to buy open ended studs for the factory rims.

Jim

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I haven't done this myself, but I have read on here of guys who did, and they used open ended nuts to hold the wheels on, and then put the stock acorn nuts on top of that for a stock look. You could probably even buys some shorter acorn nuts that go on just a little and wouldn't stick out much.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I use open end lugnuts to hold the factory wheel on, the stock acorns are not long enough.
Like Ralph said, if the bare threads bother you, just use the open end lugs then put on the stock acorns. I've never done this, too much work for the limited time the stockers are on.

·
Registered
451 Posts
zak97cobra said:
I gound the cap off of the stock nut. It was really easy to do and looks nice too.
I bought a set of long lugnuts from AFS (along with the 10.5 inch Cobra R's) that have about double the threads, then ground off the cap so they would snug down properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts