Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell Im all for it, but Id rather remove the trex if I have a 255 intank. Actually I was thinking of getting this pump "255 LPH High Pressure #GSS340". Is this high pressure version too much for stock rails or something? Is all this a good idea?

·
Registered
244 Posts
It would rather depend on how much HP you make, how many pounds of boost you run to make that HP, and whether or not you run an FMU, but I don't think I'd run the 190 pump all by itself.

A high pressure fuel pump is not like a high pressure oil pump - it does not deliver high pressure all of the time. High pressure fuel pumps are so-called because they can flow a greater volume of fuel at high pressure than can standard pressure pumps. That is a good thing, especially for forced induction setups, because the flow output of electric fuel pumps is reduced as fuel pressure rises. High pressure pumps are simply able to resist the flow dropoff at higher pressure better than standard pressure pumps can.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Go with a 255 pump. if you're not running more than about 60 psi peak fuel pressure, you can prolly get by with a non high pressure version, as the pumping capacities between the regular and high pressure versions are about the same based on the test data I've seen here:

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/

If you gonna use an fmu and high boost (>10 psi), go with the high pressure version. It's only a little more cost.

EDIT: Actually that would be 60 psi at pump discharge point so say about 50 psi or so at the rail for when you'd want to consider installing the high pressure version. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
What horsepower range is the GSS 307 good for? Will it work for my new combo below?

Thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have one question that sort of relates to this that maybe you guys could help me with. Where can I get a inline 255lph pump the cheapest and how much are they. I want to run h/C/I and 10lbs SC-Trim boost. I have high pressure 255 intank. I will be trying 38lb injectors and no FMU.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm gonna go for the 255 LPH High Pressure #GSS340 from jdsperformance

How does this sound?

Walbro Universal In Line Fuel Pump/kit: 255 LPH High Pressure
with
Walbro Ford High Performance Fuel Pump/Kit: 255 LPH High Pressure *pump#GSS340

Its not overkill right because the excess get returned anyway right!?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm running a 190lph in pump only. I have Edelbrock Heads and Intake, Novi 1000 making 10lbs, 42lb injectors (no FMU).....when I was on the dyno, everything was fine I didn't lean out any where.....I don't recomend going with the 190lph but I'm showing that you can get away with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts