Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some trick to gutting this POS? I took the bolts out and "persuaded" the back partially out..It jsust won't come completely off and I don't want to force this damn thing and break it...Any ideas????? Anyone????

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
i need to know too, i wanna gut mine

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why do you want to gut it versus bypassing it?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
i guess so i don't have to go thru the crap of rerouting the belt and getting a shorter one at that

maybe i'm just too lazy

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why, there is virtually no parasitic draw. I can see removing it to save the 15 lbs or whatever it weighs.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
if nothing else, i guess just remove the pshhh pshhh pshhh noise it makes while pumping air. since i don't have the tube that connects down to the hpipe (off road) it dumps into the engine bay

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the deal...Remove the rear cover[It may take some force] and once the rear cover is out of the way using needle nose pliers or side cutters remove the phenolic vanes from the holders... You may need to get creative or medieval on its ass to do this....The vanes will come out in pieces then the vane holders will come out too...Lubricate the top roller bearing well and reinstall the rear cover....End of noise from the smog pump....

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX
7,830 Posts
how difficult is it to measure the required belt length to bypass the smog pump (gain of about .0000005rwhp) and go to autozone, napa, etc. and buy a belt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts