Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Setting up appointment with my tuner (Chris Tuten) sometime next week to get my mustang dyno tuned! Here's the specs:

10:1 Compression
Stock XXX Block Bored 30 Over
Scat 331 Rotating Assembly(I Beam Light Weight Rod)
Keith Black Forged 1.17 Pistons
N-91 Cam
Howard LinkBar Lifters
Cast Crank(Slight Weight Took Off)
30lb Injectors
255 Intank
1388 AFR Heads milled to 57cc
9333 Head Gasket (0.047)
Harden Stock Length Pushrod's
Lunati Valve Spring Kit #153 on Seat, 660 Lift
1.6 Rocker Arms
Stock Valve Covers with breathers
Victor 5.0 Intake
70mm TB with spacer
73mm MAF
1 5/8 Long tubes
2.5 Out back
X pipe, Super Turbo Mufflers, Tailpipes
Full Manual Valve Body AOD with switched Lockup
3500 Stall
DiabloSport Chip
MSD 6530

Also It will be tuned on Dynojet Dyno. Soooo..Guess away and lets see how close you guys can get!:salute:

·
Registered
613 Posts
385rwhp & 395rwt w/c
edit- thought it was a five speed so not sure how much a auto will dyno

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Car made 318 at 6200 non-locked with the auto..is that about right?
Seems low, and at 6200 with a n-91. Did you not want to take rpm any higher

·
Registered
857 Posts
You should lock it, it usually shows a more accurate number and usually higher on a Dynojet .. I used to own one.

91 LX Hatchback, 3.73 gears, heavily worked over 65mm TB, 14* timing, CAI, ported upper/lower (grinding now), 3" Flows dumped, carpet mod and removed all deadener. 3000 stall edge, shift kit and H/C/I coming soon...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Post the dyno graph, thats the only way to tell... as for the trans, i thought you said it was a switched lockup? That usually means you flip a switch to lock it...

91 LX Hatchback, 3.73 gears, heavily worked over 65mm TB, 14* timing, CAI, ported upper/lower (grinding now), 3" Flows dumped, carpet mod and removed all deadener. 3000 stall edge, shift kit and H/C/I coming soon...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Post the dyno graph, thats the only way to tell... as for the trans, i thought you said it was a switched lockup? That usually means you flip a switch to lock it...

It's switched over drive but i can tell you from the dyno graph it didn't want to stop pulling..I know from experience it's the super turbo mufflers holding me back ! But next week sometime I'm going to put a pair of magnflow's on it(straight through)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yes, please post after numbers with no tuning changes with the new muffs! I am torn between the two myself!

·
Dean Scheidt
3,483 Posts
AOD cars with non-lockup converters won't show as much on a dyno. I think your numbers look pretty good. Take it to the track to see how it does, especially in the mph department. If your after big dyno numbers, you'll need to switch to a 5-speed.

My car made 339 rwhp at 6,000 rpm and 325 rwhp at 5,000 rpm. That's when I had TW 170 heads and Systemax intake. Same transmission set up as you except my stall was 4,000. This combo ran consistent 11.4-11.5's at 115-116 mph with a best of 11.37 at 117.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
AOD cars with non-lockup converters won't show as much on a dyno. I think your numbers look pretty good. Take it to the track to see how it does, especially in the mph department. If your after big dyno numbers, you'll need to switch to a 5-speed.

My car made 339 rwhp at 6,000 rpm and 325 rwhp at 5,000 rpm. That's when I had TW 170 heads and Systemax intake. Same transmission set up as you except my stall was 4,000. This combo ran consistent 11.4-11.5's at 115-116 mph with a best of 11.37 at 117.
It's a lockup, just not electric so i can't lock it up in 3rd gear and Was those track number with the same weight in your signature?

·
Dean Scheidt
3,483 Posts
Was those track number with the same weight in your signature?
Yes, everything was the same as my current signature except back then I had TW 170 heads, Systemax intake, 2.5" exhaust, and Jay Allen custom cam for that combo.

·
Dean Scheidt
3,483 Posts
With the assumption that your tires and the track allow you to hook well off the line, I expect you would be close to my numbers. You should be well into the 11's and I expect you should run at least 11.6's at 114-115 mph. Of course that also depends on the weather conditions. I see around 1 tenth difference in ET per 10-15 degrees of outside temperature.

Regardless, don't worry about your actual dyno numbers. They're just a byproduct of having your car tuned on a dyno. Run it at the track and that will tell you how your combo is doing. The best use for the dyno numbers is to see how much power you gain (or possibly lose) as you do upgrades in the future. The key to that is to go to the same dyno each time.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
With the assumption that your tires and the track allow you to hook well off the line, I expect you would be close to my numbers. You should be well into the 11's and I expect you should run at least 11.6's at 114-115 mph. Of course that also depends on the weather conditions. I see around 1 tenth difference in ET per 10-15 degrees of outside temperature.

Regardless, don't worry about your actual dyno numbers. They're just a byproduct of having your car tuned on a dyno. Run it at the track and that will tell you how your combo is doing. The best use for the dyno numbers is to see how much power you gain (or possibly lose) as you do upgrades in the future. The key to that is to go to the same dyno each time.
I never have really been a dyno fan..haha..just an track runner but the car has sub frame connectors and drag radials and strange adjustable shocks so the car is go i think

·
Registered
711 Posts
AOD's are locked up in 3rd unless you have a non-locking converter and input shaft.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts