Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a dumb question to ask now that I have the Reinhart Spec Vortec Supercharger Kit sitting in the room with me, but there is a debate going on over at Stangnet -- Steeda vs. Others, and Dennis' kit is one that has come up in the discussion.

It has been said that the Steeda kit will pass emissions, and the Reinhart kit with 42llbers will have difficulty.

Have any of you guys that have Dennis' kit been tested, and will we pass?

Thanks in advance.
~Darren

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt for the weekend.
Thanks
~Darren

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Why do they think 42s will cause difficulty? a car with his chip and large injectors will still idle perfectly. I'm sure it will also pass emissions.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
hell no!

not if its like cali......... forget about it.

42lb injectors, no E.O.# on comp for a CARB certified tune.....afm pipe is not legal, but will prolly not be a problem. 90mm lmaf is not legal, never came on the car, does not have a CARB E.0.# either....there are ten reasons you will not pass, and this does not take into account the sniffer.

now, will you get a stupid inspector??? maybe.

my fingers are crossed 3.5 years from now, when i will need to smog test this pig.

good luck!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Glad NC just has the OBDII computer testing. No sniffer for the 96-up cars. No SES light no problem. :) Most people arent anal about parts under the hood either like a power pipe/lmaf,etc.

Billy

·
Banned
396 Posts
nosmatt said:
hell no!

not if its like cali......... forget about it.

42lb injectors, no E.O.# on comp for a CARB certified tune.....afm pipe is not legal, but will prolly not be a problem. 90mm lmaf is not legal, never came on the car, does not have a CARB E.0.# either....there are ten reasons you will not pass, and this does not take into account the sniffer.

now, will you get a stupid inspector??? maybe.

my fingers are crossed 3.5 years from now, when i will need to smog test this pig.

good luck!
Lets see now Nosematt, first you called the Mustang a TURD now you says its a PIG, Now you say say that 42's and the 90 MM LM wont work right, have you told this to 03 Cobra Mustang owners, and you also say with 42's and a 90 MM LM it won't pass emisions, and the 90 MM LM does not have a the carb certification number on it, your right about the Maf because none of them do.

Every Vortech kit I sell is carb certified, all Vortech Superchargers are carb certified for the application its being installed on, so in case you cannot understand this if you buy a Kit for a 02 GT then the kit is CARB certified in the state of Ca or any other states that require CARB certification.

Now for example if you take a blower kit for a 96 Cobra and put it on a Lincoln Mark 8 the Carb certification number will not match the application and the car can be tuned perfect, and pass a snifer test, but in theory they can fail you for the certification not matching the application, but that depends on the inspector. And to enlighten you some more, it makes no difference what injector you run, its the tuning that makes the difference, Vortech sells the 01 with 36 pound injectors. And if the car is not tuned right it will fail the inspection, The Anderson Ford Power pipe just allows for less restrictive inlet air, and will actualy raise your boost about 2lbs.

I use 42, because I can make 375 RWHP real easy or more, with any GT with manual and a few bolt on's, and you are going to peg the injector and the stock Maf before you get close to 400 RWHP, when tuned right the air fuel will be perfect and the car will actually run cleaner with the proper tune than some stock applications. Now every one has there opinion I have proved mine over and over again, I don't use 30 LB injectors and over drive them, its plain stupid with 42's a good Maf and a good tune the car idles perfect, drives like a basic stock car, till you nail it and the car does not surge or buck or have jerking on de'acceleration. And will pass any emision test. Now you can do what ever you like, I have already seen your opinion of the Mustang a little further up in this post.

Dennis A Reinhart

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dennis for the reply...certainly, I was not doubting the quality of your tune, else I would not have ordered your specs, and would not have Joe DaSilva ordering your chip Monday.;)

I was just curious regarding the sniffer test here in Ontario. They do not check for anything but cats, and the sniffer read outs.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.
~Darren

·
Banned
396 Posts
Well again you should never buy any kit and install it on the car and not get the car on the dyno and check AF, make sure you are safe no spark knock no detonation. I have always recommended this before hammering the car, and if the car needs tweaking its easily done, if there is an emissions issue its easily corrected, I like Vortech, but no matter who's kit you use there can possibly be an issue with tuning and if the car is rich lean or what ever, its no problem if you know what you are doing. I am sure most of the major supercharger manufactures have been through this, it just depends on what you prefer I am sold on Vortech and they have been improving there customer service, if you need help they are there to help.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
ohh boy, this is gonna take a while...........

first, dennis, my opinion of my car (and all mod motored cars for that matter) is my own, and not incorrect. opinions cannot be incorrect, so GET OFF ME! I bought your fuggin kit already, and i have not steered anyone away from buying it! geez!

Dennis Reinhart said:
Lets see now Nosematt, first you called the Mustang a TURD now you says its a PIG, Now you say say that 42's and the 90 MM LM wont work right,

where? show me!
a turd, a pig, yes....but never said they wont work right! they are not carb certified, thats a fact. carb stands for CALIFORNIA AIR RESEARCH BOARD. SHOW ME THE CARB NUMBERS, AND ILL SHUTTUP.

have you told this to 03 Cobra Mustang owners

?? WHY?
the 03 cobra DOES NOT use 42lb injectors, NOR does it use a 90mm maf, let alone a 90mm LMAF. and they use 39lb injectors

[qiote] and you also say with 42's and a 90 MM LM it won't pass emisions, and the 90 MM LM does not have a the carb certification number on it, your right about the Maf because none of them do.[/quote]

42's will not pass visual, fact. they have never come in a production mustang from 01 or 02, or 03. and they never will. the fact that they come in a truck means nothing, emmision standards for al ight truck bear no resemblance to a car, period.
again, not all inspectors know what they are looking for, so good luck in your area. (again, i said if canada was like cali, not florida)

Every Vortech kit I sell is carb certified, all Vortech Superchargers are carb certified for the application its being installed on, so in case you cannot understand this if you buy a Kit for a 02 GT then the kit is CARB certified in the state of Ca or any other states that require CARB certification.

really? well, i did not even get a receipt from you for my vortech kit, let alone a CARB E.O.# for it, so it appears that when i bought my kit, which is a tuner kit by the way, that vortech had not received a CARB E.O.# for it....AND FURTHERMORE, since vortechs TUNER KITS are NOT SMOG LEGAL DUE TO THE TUNE, your kit has no E.O. #. If IT DOES, KINDLY PROVIDE ONE FOR ME.

Now for example if you take a blower kit for a 96 Cobra and put it on a Lincoln Mark 8 the Carb certification number will not match the application and the car can be tuned perfect, and pass a snifer test, but in theory they can fail you for the certification not matching the application, but that depends on the inspector.

duh.
in a way, you just contradicted yourself, but thanks for stating the obvious! :)
ROFLMAO!

And to enlighten you some more, it makes no difference what injector you run

thanks for the enlightenment, but your WRONG AGAIN! LOL!

you crack me up with your knowledge....

why does steeda use 30lb injectors in their CARB ceritified 425rwhp q400 ?? because the tune is not legal with anyhting larger.
before you answer with stupidity, call them. don't start rambling again.... it is a fact. could it pass with a larger injector, SURE.... but it has never been certified!!! in other words, it has to be tested by the california air research board in order to be granted a E.O.#

its the tuning that makes the difference, Vortech sells the 01 with 36 pound injectors.

ONLY if the car has been tested by CARB with that tune!!!! think for a minute here.

the rest of it doesnt really pertain to false statements, they are your opinions, and thus cannot be wrong...although i may not agree with them....

and once again, my OPINION of MY CAR is my own. I have no doubt the thing would destry a stock 03 cobra, because my boss has one, and i obliterated him. but i feel for 25k, plus another 6k on top, i should have a little more performance.
next is either an intercooler (not smog legal) smaller pulley, forged bottom end, and long tubes...or a turbo kit and dump this vortech for a more efficient power adder.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Doesn't matter for me, i live in MS! Ha ha ha ha hahahahahahhahaahhaha. no i'm just kidding, i don't know if you'll pass or whatever, b/c i've never had the test on my car. good luck though

·
Banned
396 Posts
where? show me!
a turd, a pig, yes....but never said they wont work right! they are not carb certified, thats a fact. carb stands for CALIFORNIA AIR RESEARCH BOARD. SHOW ME THE CARB NUMBERS, AND ILL SHUTTUP.

I am sorry this must be your twin brother, and the Carb number is stamped on the blower.

Dennis A Reinhart

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=229757

nosmatt

Corral IM:
i gots one!
unfortunately these cars are still turds even with one....maybe ill do a turbo on it next. that should help with the lack of torque.

good luck!

Now lets let this go, I only responded here because the question was asked about a kit I have, Nosmatt you have posted on another of my posts one is above at that link, and interjected your comments for what ever reason, now lets end it here this is not what the club is for I don't post here that often, but when I do I am sure of my facts, the 03 Cobra uses 42 pound injectors. Ford rates injectors funny. They rate them at a 39.5 psi pressure drop across the injector. The rest of the industry rates them at 42.5 psi. The injectors in the new cobra are 39 #/hr rated at a 39 psi pressure drop. At a 42.5 psi pressure drop, they are 42's.

On the same token, Lightning injectors are exactly the
same. They are 39's at the Ford pressure of 39 psi and
41's at 42.5 psi....

So you are missinformed, and again try doing some research, you will see I am correct. I dont care whos kit you use its what ever makes you happy, lots of people use Steeda, some use ATI and others use Vortech, I never noticed till now you have a link for griffinsperformance.com, I am sure they do good work to, so again let this go and have a good weekend.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
?? WHY?
the 03 cobra DOES NOT use 42lb injectors, NOR does it use a 90mm maf, let alone a 90mm LMAF. and they use 39lb injectors
Actually it does use 42lb injectors if you go by the Ford system. Ford fuel systems are designed at 39 psi, the injectors are rated at 42.5 psi.

At 39.6 psi fuel pressure they flow 39.6lb/hr

At 42.5 psi fuel pressure they are 41.34lb/hr

The Lightning and Cobra injectors flow the same and are rated at the same 41.34# or 42# at 42.5psi.

The 03 Cobra does use a 90MM MAF, probably the same one as the L.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts