Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading up on this swap and have run across a question I have not really seen a answer to and I have called Roush and they could not say this would or would not work but since they make a replacement for the GT500 Supercharger (TVS roots-style) could you not use the lower intake from the Roush kit for the 4.6 3v to mount the GT500 SC to the 4.6 3V? Or is there a known difference in the two superchargers that would not allow this to happen?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Which kit are you talking about for the intake? The M90 is what most people have as far as 3V Roush kits, which I'm pretty sure is shorter than an M112 and will not bolt up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
look into a Gt500 on a 4.6 using a Dept of boost manfold, just got mine installed.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Slightly off topic, but I have a 5.4L 3V Roush lower supercharger intake that I am about to list up for sale, if anyone's interest. Stock Lightning blower (or whatever fits in its place) bolts right to it. In case someone has done a 5.4L 3V swap...

PM or email if interested.....krleppert attt gmail dottt com.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at dept of boost forums, list of parts and instructions also. Crownaviation also sells kits. If one does have time or patience to put one together. The instructions are very good. It's about the same as doing headers. Manifold swap and extending a lot of wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would like to see Roush eventually offer a larger twin-screw compressor for the 4.6 3V Roushcharger system. It would be nice if they could design it to use the same lower intake manifold and the same TB location and pulley/belt arrangement so there would only be a few parts to swap out.

Ford Electrical Repair Huntington Beach

How many of you would be interested in such a kit? It would obviously be a non-warranty item intended for when the warranty period has expired.

Anyone have any insider info that would indicate this is being considered? Protomec?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.