Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently made the mistake of getting comp cam 987-16 springs for my gt40p heads. Since I'm stuck with them I'm trying to find some valve stem seals that will work with them I've called comp cam and they recommend me some cheap seals that wont fit. Any recommendations? (They are double springs)

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
You need to machine down the guide boss for the double springs to fit. That’s just the start of It.

best to order specific springs for a gt40p head, most order a set from Alex’s Parts, but your cam will dictate how. Much spring you will need.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to machine down the guide boss for the double springs to fit. That’s just the start of It.

best to order specific springs for a gt40p head, most order a set from Alex’s Parts, but your cam will dictate how. Much spring you will need.
I know about the machine part. I got the hears with b303 cam and those springs were recommend for the cam

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Since you know about the machining, ask what your machinist is cutting the guide down to and use that seal. Isn’t ithe choice between either .500 or .531”? Since you know about machining the boss then I’m sure you know about the different valve tip lengths between intake and exhaust.
you will pay more getting the 987 to work versus getting drop in single spring, but you do what you want.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you know about the machining, ask what your machinist is cutting the guide down to and use that seal. Isn’t ithe choice between either .500 or .531”? Since you know about machining the boss then I’m sure you know about the different valve tip lengths between intake and exhaust.
you will pay more getting the 987 to work versus getting drop in single spring, but you do what you want.
Could you link me some single springs? The machine shop said $80 to machine both heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts