Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Ford Mustang GT 5-Speed
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 5.0L Mustang, and took a pair of GT40P heads off of an Explorer (can’t remember year). I know there’s several posts about correct-fitting exhaust headers, but I can’t seem to find any for sale. I’ve searched for MAC, FRPP, and Motorsport, but I couldn’t find any for sale. Will I have to settle on BBK headers and 90° spark plug boots? If so, what length is recommended?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
you can find some used fms Gt40p headers sometimes. I can say bbk long tubes work on fox body and Gt40p heads with a couple 90* plug ends, and I’m guessing if you get the 94/95 long tubes it’ll work also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've tried a couple different shorty sets, and here is what worked for me:
  1. FMS. They are perfect fit, hard to come by, and have a mint set in a box for this reason. They are just nice headers - plain and simple.
  2. Weird BBK knock offs from ebay. They needed 90's, but actually fit decently. You would still need a cut down socket to access 1 or 2 plugs, but it could work. Not sure if it was bad QC that allowed them to fit or not. YMMV.
Mac (the non-gt40p specific versions), JBA and Edelbrock (who remembers those?) were a complete no-go - like not even close.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Are you sure they are "P" heads? Explorers had regular gt40s until like mid 97. My heads are off an explorer and are not "P" heads.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The way I got away with it is bbk shorty headers and accel shorty spark plugs. I have the exact part number for the plugs if you need it. But they made the plug boots fit with no problems. The only thing is the plugs are 17 bucks a pop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts