Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I used the FRPP bare stainless shorties and didn't have to worry about plug boots or clearance, they fit perfect.
I am looking at buying some used shorty headers from a local guy. They came off a FOX. All he knows about them is what he was told by the previous owner of the car. The guy told him that they were FRPP shorty headers and that he ran GT40 heads on the car before he sold it to him. The guy doesn't know which GT40 heads he was talking about. I can't tell in the pic he showed me if they were stainless or not and I doubt this guy would know the difference. From what I remember about the FRPP headers, they fit E7/ GT40/ P heads. They look real nice in the pic and he's only asking $60 for them.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
These are the headers he is selling. They look like FRPP's to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
These are the headers he is selling. They look like FRPP's to me.
Hey Mitch, did you end up purchasing those? If so how'd they work, and did you figure out what brand they were?

If you've got any issues on removing/installing the plugs go through my tooslo FB page pics and you'll see a modified socket we made to work with the LT's to make life easier than dropping the header. I would post a pic but can't get to it here. That may, or may not help with those particular headers. I know on my BBK shorties I had to drop the D-side header.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a question for gt40p heads. I have a 95 gt, I just pulled gt40p heads and intake from a 98 explorer. Will this fit? I am confused about the egr, will these itmes fit and/or do I need to have the heads drilled for the egr?

·
Registered
1993 Mustang GT
55 Posts
I ordered these for my GT-40P heads and was amazed at the quality and fit for what appears to be a Chinese made header: Amazon.com: MILLION PARTS Exhaust Manifold Header SDD-HDSFM8650L : Automotive
Quite the bargain for $85 for the pair! Still need 90* boots, but everything else seems to fit perfect.
Update: I've put about 600 miles on these headers and don't have any complaints. I had to go with some MSD wires with 90 degree boots and added some insulator boots for good measure. The stainless steel has yellowed a bit, but the mechanical part is working just fine.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts