Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but have seen lots of great information.

I have a 1994 donor Ford 302 in my factory five cobra with GT-40x Alum heads. I have swapping out the plugs and replacing them with the recommended Motorcraft SP-447s. I am looking for some definitive information on the proper gap to be set. I've searched the net far and wide and have seen recommendations from the Motorcraft recommended gap of .045", to the Ford 1994 302 manuals recommendation of .054". Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

..Jim

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome.
I have a 94 GT and run .054 on my plugs. Motorcraft says .045 but I have went with the larger gap with no issues. Somewhere in this site there is a good write up about this and thats why I went with .054.
Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
I gap the plugs on my 5.0 at .050 because, well, I have a .050 feeler gauge. Really anything between .045 and .054 is going to be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the info. I did some additional research and what I came up with is that the gap should be set to requirements of the ignition system, which in my case, is the standard for the 1994 Mustang. My car calls for 0.54" so that's what I'm setting the gap at for the Motorcraft SP-447.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts