Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i've got my motor out and would only like to change the plugs once (initially at least, without it being a total pain to change them again), i'd like to find the best (i.e shortest) plug available.

Now there is the Accel plug (p/n P526S), which is suppose to have the following specs:

14mm thread, 0.708" projection, tapered seat, resistor plug (source: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/5755/gt40p.html)

Can anyone tell me the specs on an Autolite 103 / Motorcraft / Champion plug that people are using for their gt-40p's? I've got a set of Autolite 103's in my garage, but I can't seem to find the specs on them to compare to the Accel plug.

I also found a NGK plug that has the exact specs of the above Accel plug and it's only $2.39 or so at Summit. Why wouldn't this be as good as the Accel without the cost?

·
Registered
729 Posts
travis.......what headers are you using?

Any GT40 iron head plug will fit in the P heads (Cobra, Lightning, Explorer). Unfortunately I don't have any info on their lengths. A trip to a parts store and you may be able to compare different plugs right at the counter.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to be running MAC 1 5/8" longtubes. I think i might just try these Autolite 103's I found in my garage. I don't have the best luck with the parts counter guys.

·
Registered
729 Posts
That Accel plug I list the p/n isn't the shorty plug. That's a platinum plug for the Explorer just in case you weren't aware of that. You might contact Accel for a p/n for the shorty that's been mention in the other post.

Jeff Chambers outlines some P plugs on his webpage but can't remember if he mentions lengths.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts