Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to answer my own question..i talked to classic design concepts,,among others...before buying anything.

classic has the best kit by far.. exactly the same parts that ford uses in the mach 1. their parts even have ford part numbers on them. the grill eliminator kit has a nice compliment piece that fits behind the grill eliminator piece and really makes a difference.

simply put, installation is very easy. it became a dad/daughter project.

my 13 y/o "girly-girl" daughter did the installations with just my oversight and help on one "tough to remove" screw.

looks very good on a mineral gray car.
the grill kit and the chin spoiler really compiment each other.

i've even noticed a slight improvement in engine temp at speed.
was at mustangweek at myrtle beach over the past weekend and was running alot in hot weather.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good luck!
i got delivery from mich to nc in less than a week. the chin spoiler and grill eliminator kit..delivered..was $185.
got very good instructions...pics..lots of detail.
like i posted..my baby daughter put the parts on!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the grill kit from Steeda on order. I'll look at it and take some pics. I have a friend with a mach 1, so I'll compare the pieces next time I see him.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the cdc kit includes a black grill opening piece that fits into the grill opening. the grill eliminator fits next where the old grill came out.
the kits ..other than cdc did not include this piece and therefore leaves something lacking.
the current mach 1 does have this piece as part of original equipment.
if you go to www.classicdesignconcepts.com and look up the kit...should be in mustangs..and mach 1 links, you'll see the extra part that i'm talking about.
the other kits that i looked at didn't have this extra part. the other kits prices were cheaper but that's because they didn't have all the necessary parts to get the "total" factory look that i was after.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i don't have any pics of my car. while i was doing my research, i checked out a new mach 1 to see exactly what i was after.

While at the mustang week at myrtle beach over the weekend, I compared my car to some mach 1 mustangs that were there.

they are EXACTLY the same parts and EXACTLY the same look as the mach 1. just visualize a mineral gray mach 1 and you got how the front of my car looks now.

thinking about the shaker hood thing now..only i want an original mach 1 hood rather than the plastic piece that CDC provides.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, I got the Steeda kit. It has three pieces. The pony (with 2 screws). The lip to cover the old screw holes, labeled "3R3X-16E156-ACW >PP+EPDM< C924L C.M.I" and comes with the double sided tape already attached. The back mounting piece has a Ford oval , and orange sticker, and "XR-33-8C299-AAW C186-A M2819>PPC CAV<" on it. Looks like OEM stuff to me! I'll put it on in a week or so along with my chin spoiler (gotten from dealer for $60).

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the kit included:
grill eliminator unpainted
cobra grill opening
mustang horse with bracket
(2) self tapping screws
you can see the parts list, the actual parts themselves and the installation instructions at the cdc website
www.classic designconcepts.com
parts will be under the mustang mach 1 links
i think the instructions are under a separate site on tech. details or installations or something..
i don't really remember but the links are easy to find.

the chin spoiler came with:
chin spoiler
14 self tapping screws

hope this helps.
Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yup, EXACTLY the same parts, already painted black! Go here for some pics...

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400

interestingly enough, the '02 GT 'vert I did already had the "backing piece" though it was dirty as hell. The floating horse is identical to what comes on the '03 cobra. I'm not sure if the CDC front trim piece (what covceres the screw holes from the original grill) uses 3M tape or not, but it is the easiest way to attach it IMHO. VERY easy job, all you need is a 7mm rachet set (or a wrench and a whole lotta time!!).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts